The impact of information technology (IT) on the manufacturing industry has been tremendous in recent times. With an increasing number of machines being connected to the Internet, data is being generated in huge volumes. Advancements in real-time data processing and predictive analytics further help in discovering newer ways of utilizing the data to generate insights for effective decision-making. Internet of things (IoT) and data analytics are the two main technologies that are driving the manufacturing space today.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a powerful upcoming trend in the F&B industry. The industry is not new to technological innovations. However, with the introduction of IIoT, the manufacturing of food and beverages is expected to be elevated to the next level. The F&B industry has been a recent addition in the IIoT maturity spectrum, having implemented sensor technology and computerized automation in the recent past. Successful F&B companies are constantly innovating and increasingly upgrading their technological infrastructure using elements of IIoT such as edge computing, Big Data, predictive analytics, cloud, and other applications. With the convergence of digitized machine parts and improved connectivity, IIoT is already gaining momentum across several departments of F&B manufacturing. Like in any other industry, the objective of IIoT implementation in the F&B industry is to improve process and product efficiencies.
In a scenario of ever-expanding opportunities and development of newer business models, companies are looking at exploring newer ways to adopt digital technologies within their realm of food production. This research paper looks at identifying all such opportunities and the ways in which IIoT can be implemented across all the departments of the food value chain. It will also look into some of the top technology trends that are shaping the industry. The study will also seek to understand ways by which IIoT is perceived within the industry, its benefits, and the competitive landscape. Supported by established use cases, this study will cover the prospective value of investments in the vertical and how this has spread across various constituent elements in the industry ecosystem.
With such rapid advancements of IIoT in the F&B sector, soon millions of sensors will start collecting several zeta bytes of machine data. It will be exciting to explore and discover ground-breaking opportunities that all of this data could bring to the F&B sector. As far as this industry is concerned, the concept of IIoT is not for the distant future. Now is the right time to think and act.
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Industrial Internet of Things - A Research Perspective
- IIoT - Emerging Themes in the Industrial Environment
- IIoT - Key Attributes of a Smart Factory
- Value Proposition in IIoT
- Key Questions this Report will Answer
3. IIoT Meets F&B - Getting the Combination Right
- IIoT in Food & Beverages Industry - Key Sectors Covered in the Study
- Technological Hotspots Where F&B Investments are Likely to Focus
- What are the Challenges that Shroud the F&B Industry?
- Key Areas in the F&B Supply Chain Where IIoT Can Make a Difference
- What is the Impact of IIoT on F&B Manufacturing?
- Where Does F&B Stand in Terms of IIoT Adoption?
- Why is IIoT a Perfect Solution for F&B Manufacturing?
- Changing Dynamics - Farm to Fork
- Impact of IIoT Across the Food Value Chain
4. 2018 and Beyond - Future Implications of IIoT in F&B Manufacturing
- F&B - Key Trends
- Use Case - Rockwell Automation
- Use Case - How are F&B Manufacturers Implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Supply Chain Management (SCM)?
- IIoT in Food & Beverage Industry - Current and Future Outlook
5. Key F&B Trends in the Indian Market
- IIoT in Food & Beverage Industry - Key Trends in India
- Supply - Side Drivers - Indian F&B Sector
- Demand - Side Drivers - Indian F&B Sector
- Challenges Faced by the Indian F&B Sector
6. In Focus - Big 5 Opportunity Shifts in F&B Manufacturing
- Big Data Analytics - A Major Driver for Disruptive Innovations in F&B Manufacturing
- Food & Beverage - Key Technology Trends
- AI Will Have a Key Role to Play in the Future of Food Production
- Technology Management Strategies for Global F&B Industry
- IIoT in Food & Beverages Industry - Regional Adoption Scenario
7. Investments in F&B 4.0 - What Should be Your Next Move?
- Revenue - F&B Sector
- Workforce Transformation - Investing in People
- Mergers, Acquisitions and PE Deals in F&B Industry
- Way Forward
8. Growth Opportunities
- Digital Transformation - A Global Opportunity
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
9. The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits