This study covers the Class 1-3 vehicles aftermarket in terms of volume (in million units) and value (€ million) across Poland. The base year for analysis is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2024. This research covers the growth prospects for the Polish automotive aftermarket. It includes analyses of vehicles in operation, new and used vehicle sales, and parts replacement revenues in the automotive aftermarket. The research service discusses the challenges and the growth opportunities offered by new and used car markets in the aftermarket ecosystem. It also includes profiling of major aftermarket participants such as Inter Cars S.A, Auto Partner S.A, iParts Sp. z.o.o, E-autoparts, Oponeo.pl S. A, Autodoc, and Allergo.
Low dispensable income, reduced import tariffs, and lack of emission restrictions have resulted in the rise of import penetration for used vehicles in Poland. The volumes of used vehicle imports are twice as much as new vehicle sales and this proportion has been stable since 2004. The high concentration of 10+-year-old used vehicles results in increased emission of noxious exhaust gases and high frequency of vehicle component failures and accidents. These factors result in high demand for brakes, suspension, exhaust components, and collision parts.
The stable economic growth and modest inflation levels are ideal conditions for growth in new vehicle sales. This is expected to create opportunities for OEMs eventually. The increasing average age of vehicles (over 12 years) and high concentration of used vehicles from Western Europe will support incremental long-term revenue growth for aftermarket participants in the parts and service category.
With more than 20,900 workshops in Poland, independent workshops constitute a major portion of the automotive parts sales channel. eRetailers currently hold 15% of the market share. However, this is expected to grow as distributors in Poland are strengthening their positioning in the eCommerce environment.
- Estimate the total market opportunity based on a top-down analysis of vehicles in operation, replacement rates, and available pricing data
- Identify the top automotive parts distributors and service providers in the Polish automotive aftermarket
- To identify the growth opportunities and challenges that exist within the Polish automotive aftermarket and how it would impact market participants
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the short-to-medium term outlook for the Polish automotive aftermarket?
- What is the structure of the Polish automotive aftermarket? Which are the key industry participants?
- Which products and services will offer the highest future growth opportunities?
- How is the competitive landscape changing and how is it expected to evolve?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Research Findings
- Automotive Aftermarket Profile - Poland
- Market Size, Parts Category - Poland
- Key Findings and Future Outlook - Poland
2. Research Scope, Definitions, and Vehicle Segmentation
- Research Scope and Definitions
3. Research Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Vehicle Segmentation
- Research Methodology
4. Poland - Market Overview
- Poland - Macro-Economic Overview
- Poland - Country Highlights
- Poland - Key Policies and Regulations
5. Demand Analysis and Influencers - Poland
- Poland - New Vehicle Sales Forecast
- Poland - VIO Forecast
- Poland - Used Car Sales Analysis
- Poland - Vehicle in Operation by Age
- Poland - VIO by Brand
- Poland - Key Growth Drivers
6. Parts Analysis
- Replacement Rates of Selected Parts in the Polish Aftermarket
- Automotive Aftermarket - Manufacturer - level Replacement Parts Revenue Forecast
7. Distribution Channel Analysis
- Poland LV Aftermarket - Percent Revenue by Sales Channel
- Light Vehicle (LV) Aftermarket - Key LV Distributors in Poland
- Inter Cars S.A.
- Inter Cars S.A. Business Model
- Auto Partner S.A.
8. Key Suppliers
- PV and LCV Aftermarket - Key Suppliers
9. Key OEM Strategies
- OEM Strategies
- OEM New Business Models and Technology
- Fiat Mopar Connect - Case Study
- Opel Retail Club - Case Study
10. New Aftermarket Business Models
- eCommerce and Online Retail Definitions
- iParts Sp. z.o.o. - Company Profile
- E-autoparts - Company Profile
- Oponeo.pl S. A. - Company Profile
- Autodoc - Company Profile
- Allergo - Company Profile
- eBay - Company Profile
11. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity - Invest in New-age Diagnostic Equipment and Up-skill Service Professionals
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
12. Conclusion and Future Outlook
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Auto Partner S.A
- Inter Cars S.A
- iParts Sp. z.o.o
- Oponeo.pl S. A