This growth insight is part of an ongoing quarterly tracker that monitors the trends and the developments in the Thai automotive market. It uses multi-level secondary as well as primary sources for data collation. This includes country-level official associations/federations, government authorities, country subject experts, and third-party sources (international/regional organizations). Thailand, which is known as the Detroit of Asia, is the largest market for pickups in ASEAN. This insight analyzes the trends in the Thai automotive market for both passenger and commercial vehicles and their sub-segments in Q2 2018. It discusses market trends under various sections, including total industry volume (TIV), segment volume and share, passenger cars' sub-segment volume share, passenger cars' market share by brand, commercial vehicles' sub-segment volume share, commercial vehicles' market share by brand, activities of market participants, launch of new models, and key regulatory developments. The study also discusses key market drivers and restraints, the market canvas - up to 2025, 2018 market specifics, assessment of 2018 market specifics as of Q2 2018, and 2018 market outlook as of Q2 2018. Conclusions and key takeaways and appendices are also presented.
- To offer an overview of the trends and the developments in the automotive market in Q2 2018
- To gauge metrics such as TIV and market share for passenger and commercial vehicles
- To highlight the key market drivers and restraints that affect market metrics
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the total automotive industry volume during the quarter? What are the key segments, their volumes, and market shares? What are the market volumes of the various sub-segments?
- What are the competitor market shares in Q2? Which brands are the major gainers and losers?
- What are the major market participant activities during the quarter?
- What are the key regulatory developments in Q2?
- Which new models were launched?
- What are the chief drivers and restraints that affect market growth?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Research Methodology
- Research Data Collection and Analysis Methodology
3. Thailand Overview
- Total Industry Volume
- Segment Volume and Share
- Passenger Cars’ Sub-Segment Volume Share
- Passenger Cars’ Market Share by Brand
- Commercial Vehicles’ Sub-Segment Volume Share
- Commercial Vehicles’ Market Share by Brand
- Market Participant Activities
- Launch of New Models
- Key Regulatory Developments-April 2018
- Key Regulatory Developments-May 2018
- Key Regulatory Developments-June 2018
3. 2018 Thailand Outlook
- Market Canvas and 2018 Market Specifics
- Market Canvas Up to 2025
- 2018 Market Specifics
- Assessment of 2018 Market Specifics
- 2018 Market Outlook
4. Conclusions and Key Takeaways
- Conclusions and Key Takeaways
- Legal Disclaimer
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- List of Exhibits