Piezocone and cone penetration tests (CPTu and CPT) applications in foundation engineering includes different approaches for determining the bearing capacity of shallow foundations, along with methods for determining pile bearing capacity and settlement concepts. The use of soft computing (GMDH) neural networks related to CPT records and Geotechnical parameters are also discussed. In addition, different cases regarding the behavior of foundation performance using case records, such as shallow foundation, deep soil improvement, soil behavior classification (SBC), and bearing capacity are also included.
- Provides the latest on CPT and CPTu performance in geotechnical engineering, i.e., bearing capacity, settlement, liquefaction, soil classification and shear strength prediction
- Introduces soft computing methods for processing soil properties and pile bearing capacity via CPT and CPTu
- Explains CPT and CPTu testing methods which allows for the continuous, or virtually continuous, record of ground conditions
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Background to foundation engineering
3. CPT equipment, performance, and records
4. Geotechnical parameters from CPT records
5. Soil behavior classification (SBC) using CPT and CPTu records
6. CPT in foundation engineering; scale effect and bearing capacity
7. CPT and CPTu applications for deep foundationebearing capacity
8. CPT and CPTu for foundation settlement and loadedisplacement (P?) estimation
9. CPT & CPTu for ground modification
10. CPT-based soft computing implementations in foundation engineering
11. Uncertainty and reliability in foundation engineering: CPT-Based approach
12. CPT and CPTu databases in foundation engineering
Abolfazl Eslami, Professor, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Sara Moshfeghi, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Hossein MolaAbasi, Assistant Professor, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Gonbad University, Gonbad, Iran.
Eslami, Mohammad M.
Mohammad M. Eslami, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles