Piezocone Penetration and Cone Test Application In Foundation Engineering includes different approaches for determining the bearing capacity of shallow foundations, along with methods for determining pile bearing capacity and settlement concepts. The use of soft computing (GMDH) neural networks related to CPT records and Geotechnical parameters are also discussed. In addition, different cases regarding the behavior of foundation performance using case records, such as shallow foundation, deep soil improvement, soil behavior classification (SBC), and bearing capacity are also included.
- Provides the latest on CPT and CPTu performance in geotechnical engineering, i.e., bearing capacity, settlement, liquefaction, soil classification and shear strength prediction
- Introduces soft computing methods for processing soil properties and pile bearing capacity via CPT and CPTu
- Explains CPT and CPTu testing methods which allows for the continuous, or virtually continuous, record of ground conditions
2. CPT Performance and Records
3. Geotechnical Parameters from CPT and CPTu Records
4. Soil Classification and Identification
5. CPTu: Shallow Foundation Applications
6. CPTu: Deep Foundation Bearing Capacity
7. CPTu: Settlement Estimation
8. Problematic Soils and Hazards
9. Liquefaction Assessment and Mitigation
10. Soil improvement
11. GMDH and Soft Computing
12. Uncertainty and Reliability Based Approaches
13. Case Histories and Database
Abolfazl Eslami, Professor, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Hossein MolaAbasi, Assistant Professor, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Gonbad University, Gonbad, Iran.
Eslami, Mohammad M.
Mohammad M. Eslami, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
Sara Moshfeghi, Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran