Advances in Polymeric Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications examines advanced polymer synthetic strategies for developing novel biomaterials for use in medicine. With a strong focus on fundamentals and structure, the authors also explore their fabrication, along with their current and potential biomedical applications. The book begins with a look at the fundamentals of polymeric nanomaterials and their properties and then discusses the design of biomaterials and their applications in drug delivery. Further chapters explore important applications, such as imaging and regenerative medicine, including current challenges and future trends.
This valuable resource is especially useful for materials and polymer scientists, and bioengineers wishing to broaden their knowledge of polymeric nanobiomaterials.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Fundamentals of polymeric nanomaterials
- Synthesis of polymer nanomaterials, mechanisms, and their structural control
- Polymeric nanomaterials in drug delivery
- Nanostructures in gene delivery
- Dendrimer-based nanoformulations as drug carriers for cancer treatment
- Polymer nanomaterials in bioimaging
- Polymeric nanoparticles used in tissue engineering
- Polymeric nanomaterials as broad-spectrum antimicrobial compounds
- Polymeric nanomaterials for targeting the cellular suborganelles
- Polymeric nanomaterials in neuroscience
- Polymeric nanomaterials for ocular drug delivery
- Current and future challenges in polymeric nanomaterials for biomedical applications
Anil Kumar Bajpai M.Sc. (Chemistry), Ph.D. (Polymer chemistry), D.Sc. (Adsorption of plasma proteins on polymer surfaces) has 28 years of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research experience. He is currently head of the Bose Memorial Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Govt. Autonomous Science College, Jabalpur, India. His areas of expertise include synthesis of biomedical polymers, drug delivery through nanocarriers, nanocomposites, stimuli responsive drug delivery systems, water remediation by nanoparticles, conducting polymers. Bajpai has been the lead author of one book as well as contributed several chapters. He has written more than 220 papers for international journals.
Rajesh Kumar Saini Bose Memorial Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Govt. Autonomous.Science College, India.
Rajesh Kumar Saini completed his PhD in Polymer chemistry in 2008. He has written over 30 papers and 11 chapters for books. Saini is currently a Research Scholar at Bose Memorial Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Govt.Auto.Science College, India.