Nanoparticles in Pharmacotherapy explores the most recent findings on how nanoparticles are used in pharmacotherapy, starting with their synthesis, characterization and current or potential uses. This book is a valuable resource of recent scientific progress that includes the most cutting-edge applications of nanoparticles in pharmacotherapy. It is ideal for researchers, medical doctors and those in academia.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. The evolution of dendrimers to composite dendrimers: A review of the state of the art
3. Polymeric micelles in biomedical science
4. Biophysicochemical studies of self-assembled neutral lipoplexes compacted as metal-based nucleic acid nanopharmaceuticals: from supramolecular structures to interactions with cellular membranes
5. Solid lipid nanoparticles for the delivery of drug molecules
6. Solid Lipid Nanopartricles and Nanostructured Lipid Carriers as Sophisticated Drug Carrier Systems
7. Lipid nanocarriers as skin drug delivery systems
8. Tissue engineering applications of nanobiomaterials
9. Antimicrobial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles
10. Polymer Based Silver and Magnesium ions co-doped Calcium Phosphate Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Applications
11. Current Trends in Site and Target Specific Delivery of Nanomedicine for Gene Therapy
12. Functionalized Graphene-based Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery and Biomedical Applications in Cancer Chemotherapy
13. Stimuli sensitive systems for camptothecin delivery
14. Pharmaceutical nanotechnology in the treatment of Acanthamoeba infections
15. Nanoparticles for cosmetic use
16. Skin wound regeneration using nanostructures
17. Fullerens used in pharmacotherapy
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry and Letters in Applied NanoBioScience and Co-Editor in Chief of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He is also a member of the Editoral Board for several other journals, including American Journal of Nanomaterials, Journal of Nanotechnology in Diagnosis and Treatment and Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Research. In addition, he has served as Guest Editor for several other established journals, including Elsevier's International Journal of Pharmaceutics. He has published 17 books previously with Elsevier as well as over 150 peer reviewed papers and 20 book chapters.