Nanostructured Polymer Composites for Biomedical Applications addresses the challenges researchers face regarding the creation of nanostructured polymer composites that not only have superior performance and mechanical properties, but also have acceptable biological function. This book discusses current efforts to meet this challenge by discussing the multidisciplinary nature of nanostructured polymer composite biomaterials from various fields, including materials science, polymer science, biomedical engineering and biomedicine. This compilation of existing knowledge will lead to the generation of new terminology and definitions across individual disciplines. As such, this book will help researchers and engineers develop new products and devices for use in effective medical treatment.
- Summarizes the most recent strategies to develop nanostructured polymer composite biomaterials for biomedicine
- Outlines the major preparation and characterization techniques for a range of polymer nanocomposites used in biomedicine
- Explores the design of new types of nanostructured polymer composites for applications in drug delivery, tissue engineering, gene therapy and bone replacement
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Biomedical Applications of Nanostructured Polymeric 2. Recent Advances in Nanostructured Polymer Composites for Biomedical Applications 3. Micromechanical Characterization of Poly(Lactic Acid)/Halloysite Bionanocomposite Membrane 4. Mechanical and Biodegradation Properties of Nanostructured Polymer Composites Under Degradation Behavior 5. Electrospun Matrices from Natural Polymers for Skin Regeneration 6. Nanostructure
7. Carbohydrate-Based Nanohydrogels for Drug-Delivery Applications 8. Recently Emerging Trends in Bone Replacement Polymer Nanocomposites 9. Nanostructured Polymer Composites for Bio-Applications 10. Nanostructured Biopolymers for Application as Drug-Delivery Vehicles 11. Applications of Nanostructured Polymer Composites for Gene Delivery 12. Nanostructured Polymer Biocomposites: Pharmaceutical Applications 13. Use of Nanostructured Polymer in the Delivery of Drugs for Cancer Therapy 14. Nanostructured Polymer Composites for Dental Fillings 15. Chitosan-Based Nanobiocomposites for Wound-Healing Applications 16. Biomedical Applications of Polymer/Layered Double Hydroxide Bionanocomposites 17. Nanotechnology in Cancer Treatment as a Trojan Horse: From the Bench to Preclinical Studies 18. Layered Double Hydroxide-Decorated Hydrogel for Biomedical Applications 19. Polymeric Composites for Joint Replacement 20. Processing and Biomedical Applications of Polymer/Organo-modified Clay Bionanocomposites 21. Antimicrobial Activities of Graphene
Sarat Kumar Swain is Professor of Chemistry at Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, India. His research focuses include hybrid nanomaterials, reinforced polymer nanocomposites, advance materials such as graphene, nanoclay, CNT, CNF for improving of gas barrier, fire retardant, thermal, mechanical and chemical resistance, and properties of these materials. He has designed a variety of nanostructured materials for packaging usage, anti-corrosion performance, superconductor properties, sensor behaviors and biomedical applications
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).