In the first half of 2018, a total of 405,000 electric motors were equipped by more than 160 suppliers to the new energy vehicle (NEV) in China. Despite there are numerous firms in the electric motor market for the moment, the electric motor market concentration is on a rapidly rise in 2018 judging from installations.
In the first half of 2018, the top ten players by motor shipments held a lion’s share of 71.53% together, a jump of 13.97 percentage points from the same period of 2017. Elaborately, the highest installation touched 94,500 units, while over 110 firms were each with motor shipment of less than 1,000 units. As the market concentration climbs, the gap between motor companies is broadening. Besides the automakers that supply electric motors by themselves, such competitors are growing advantageous, as United Automotive Electronic Systems (UAES), JEE Automation Equipment, Jing-Jin Electric Technologies, Shanghai Edrive, and Zhejiang Founder Motor.
Most Chinese electric motor and motor controller manufacturers have sprung up from the new energy commercial vehicle market with a low entry barrier and harboring numerous enterprises. While the market becomes concentrated and subsidies descend, the electric motor makers are confronted with the amounting pressure from the rising prices of raw materials and a fall in profits.
By types, permanent magnet synchronous motor plays a key part in the electric motor market, with its installations (mainly for passenger cars) finding a 78.4% share in all motor installations to new energy vehicle in China in 2017, asynchronous AC motor swept 21.5% by installations and got primarily utilized in commercial vehicle, and other types of electric motors seized 0.1% or so. Permanent magnet synchronous motor is currently the best choice for electric passenger cars and sees a burgeoning market share.
In general, competition between electric motor and motor controller suppliers will prick up and gross margin of products will be volatile as the subsidies for new energy vehicle are going down in the next a few years. In the medium term, the industrial pattern will remain unchanged in Chinese new energy vehicle market (key role-playing by automakers as well as the battery, electric motor and motor controller producers as the suppliers of core components).
The report highlights the following:
- Development of new energy vehicle (NEV) drive motor industry in China (including industrial chains, cost analysis, business model, competitive landscape and key players competing each other, and elaboration on competitive patterns of passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle drive motors), and analysis on status quo and development tendencies of drive motor technologies;
- 22 Chinese and 6 global drive motor companies (operation, development strategy, supply chain, NEV drive motor business, etc.);
- New energy vehicle (NEV) drive motor industry (definition and classification of vehicle drive motors, analysis on upstream and downstream industry chains); fEnvironments for industry operation (policy climate, NEV market development and impact to the vehicle drive motor industry).
1.1 Introduction to Drive Motor
1.2 Introduction to Drive Motor Controller
1.3 Applications of Drive Motor
1.3.1 Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
1.3.2 Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
2 China Electric Vehicle (EV) Industry
2.1.1 Policy on Fiscal Subsidies
2.1.2 Policy on Battery Recycling
2.1.3 Preferential Tax Policy
2.1.4 Production License Policy
2.2 EV Market
2.2.1 Global Market
2.2.2 Chinese Market
3 China Electric Vehicle (EV) Drive Motor Industry
3.1 Industrial Chain
3.2 Market Size
3.3 Major Manufacturers and Competition
3.3.1 Competitive Landscape
3.3.2 Competition in Passenger Vehicle Drive Motor
3.3.3 Competition in Bus Drive Motor
3.4 Technology Trends
3.4.1 Status Quo of Technologies
3.4.2 Trend - Permanent Magnetization
3.4.3 Trend -- Integration
3.4.4 Trend -- Digitalization
3.4.5 Trend - Hub Motor
3.4.6 Status Quo and Outlook of Electric Vehicle (EV) Hybrid Drive and Hybrid Braking Systems
4 Major Chinese Drive Motor Companies
4.1 Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd.
4.1.3 Development Strategy
4.1.4 EV Motor Business
4.1.5 Investments in and Production Capacity of Drive Motor
4.2 Shanghai Edrive Co., Ltd.
4.2.3 Supply Chain
4.2.4 Drive Motors and Technologies
4.2.5 Investments in and Production Capacity of Drive Motor
4.3 Hunan CRRC Times Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
4.3.3 Drive Motors
4.3.5 Investments in and Production Capacity of Drive Motor
4.4 Wanxiang Qianchao Co., Ltd.
4.4.3 EV Motor Business
4.5 Shanghai DAJUN Technologies
4.5.3 Supply Chain
4.5.4 Drive Motors
4.6 Jing-Jin Electric Technologies
4.6.3 EV Motor Business
4.7 Zhejiang Founder Motor
4.7.3 Supply Chain
4.7.4 Drive Motors
4.7.5 Investments in Drive Motor
4.7.6 Production Capacity of Drive Motor
4.8 Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd.
4.8.3 EV Motor Business
4.9 Xinzhi Motor Co., Ltd.
4.9.3 EV Motor Business
4.10Jiangxi Special Electric Motor Co., Ltd. (JSMC)
4.10.3 EV Motor Business
4.11 China Tex Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Ltd.
4.11.3 EV Motor Business
4.12 Zhejiang Unite Motor Co., Ltd.
4.12.3 EV Motor Business
4.13.1 Dalian Motor Group Co., Ltd.
4.13.2 Shenzhen Greatland Electrics Inc.
4.13.3 United Automotive Electronic Systems Co.,Ltd. (UAES)
4.13.4 Shandong Lanji New Energy Vehicle Co., Ltd.
4.13.5 HUAYU Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.
4.13.6 Jiangsu Weiteli Motor Limited By Share Ltd.
4.13.7 Wuxi Myway Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd.
4.13.8 Shanghai Yingshuang Electric Machinery Co., Ltd
4.13.9 Jinzhou Halla Electrical Equipment Co., Ltd.
5 Global Drive Motor Companies
5.1 Robert Bosch
5.1.3 EV Motor Business
5.2 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
5.2.3 EV Motor Business
5.3 Continental AG
5.3.3 EV Motor Business
5.4 Aisin AW
5.4.3 EV Motor Business
5.5.3 EV Motor Business
5.6 AC Propulsion (ACP)
5.6.2 EV Motor Business
5.7.3 EV Motor Business
- Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Edrive Co., Ltd.
- Hunan CRRC Times Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
- Wanxiang Qianchao Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai DAJUN Technologies
- Jing-Jin Electric Technologies
- Zhejiang Founder Motor
- Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd.
- Xinzhi Motor Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Special Electric Motor Co., Ltd. (JSMC)
- China Tex Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Ltd.
- Zhejiang Unite Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Motor Group Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Greatland Electrics Inc.
- United Automotive Electronic Systems Co.,Ltd. (UAES)
- Shandong Lanji New Energy Vehicle Co., Ltd.
- HUAYU Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Weiteli Motor Limited By Share Ltd.
- Wuxi Myway Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Yingshuang Electric Machinery Co., Ltd
- Jinzhou Halla Electrical Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Robert Bosch
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Continental AG
- Aisin AW
- AC Propulsion (ACP)