ADAS Sales to Achieve 69.4 Million Units by 2025 in China
In 2017, the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) market for passenger cars recorded 15.5 million in unit sales. The market is expected to experience rapid growth at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.6% during 2017-2025. Sales volumes are likely to increase to 69.4 million units in 2025.
As an emerging market, the ADAS market for passenger cars in China had a penetration rate of 10% in 2017. Currently, most ADAS features are warning-based applications. The limited involvement of domestic suppliers and moderate-to-high ADAS costs are lowering market adoption in China.
The China-New Car Assessment Program (C-NCAP) added the Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) test with a score rating of 11%. This requirement is likely to accelerate ADAS product penetration and demand in China during the long term.
Global ADAS suppliers have a strong collaboration with global automotive OEMs. For instance, the ADAS market for passenger cars in China was dominated by Robert Bosch AG, Continental AG, and Denso, with a combined market share of 62.6% in 2017. Thus, Yatai APG and Suzhou INVO Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd., (Invo) are the key domestic ADAS suppliers in China leading with a share of 7.2%, jointly.
Key ADAS products are adopted by foreign automotive OEMs such as Audi AG, BMW AG, and Mercedes-Benz. Domestically, Chinese automotive OEMs have started ADAS penetration. For example, Great Wall Motors and Geely Auto are offering ADAS product installation selection to buyers.
This research service discusses the ADAS market for Chinese passenger cars. It evaluates the various market dynamics such as drivers and restraints, market share and competitive analysis. It also provides market forecasts and trends, supplier profiles, and growth opportunities. The study closes with conclusions and a future outlook.
The aim of this study is to research and analyze the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) market in China. Applications include adaptive cruise control (ACC), blind spot detection (BSD), forward collision warning (FCW), lane departure warning (LDW), night vision (NV) and park assist (PA). The study presents the current scenario in the passenger car market and provides a forecast of ADAS sales up to 2025.
- To provide a strategic perspective of the ADAS market for passenger cars in China, including market drivers, market restraints and SWOT analysis
- To estimate the size and sales potential of the ADAS market for passenger cars in China towards 2025
- To provide a competitive analysis of different ADAS suppliers and ADAS segments, including market shares and key company portfolios
- To estimate potential ADAS penetration in the Chinese passenger car sector
- To present an actionable set of recommendations for stakeholders to grow in the ADAS market for passenger cars in China
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the current ADAS-related legislation announced by the Chinese government?
- What is the importance of ADAS and what are the benefits of adopting such applications?
- What is the current value of ADAS unit shipments in China? What is it estimated to be in 2025?
- What are the key opportunities in the ADAS market in China?
- Which are the key leading automotive OEMs and ADAS suppliers in China?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- ADAS Penetration in China
- ADAS Market in China Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market Share Breakdown by Features
- SWOT Analysis of the ADAS Market in China
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
- Key Legislation - China-New Car Assessment Program (C-NCAP)
- Value Chain Analysis of ADAS in China
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Market Engineering Measurements
- ADAS Market - ADAS Unit Shipment Scenario Analysis
- ADAS Market - ADAS Penetration Breakdown
- ADAS Market - ADAS Price Forecast
- Forecast Scenario Assumptions to 2025
- ADAS Market - ACC Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market - BSD Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market - FCW Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market - LDW Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market - NV Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- ADAS Market - PA Unit Shipment Snapshot 2017
- Bosch - Company Overview
- Bosch - Market Share Breakdown Analysis
- Bosch - Key Collaboration Activities
- Continental - Company Overview
- Continental - Market Share Breakdown Analysis
- Continental - Key Collaboration Activities
- Denso - Company Overview
- Denso - Market Share Breakdown Analysis
- Denso - Key Collaboration Activities
- Yatai APG - Company Overview
- Yatai APG - Market Share Breakdown Analysis
- Yatai APG - Key Collaboration Activities
- Invo - Company Overview
- Invo - Market Share Breakdown Analysis
- Invo - Key Collaboration Activities
- Growth Opportunity - ADAS Market for Passenger Cars in China
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Trends and Recommendations
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Audi AG
- BMW AG
- Geely Auto
- Great Wall Motors
- Suzhou INVO Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd., (Invo)
- Yatai APG