Industry analysis provides a brief overview of the Nordic automotive industry including its strength, weakness, advantages, and disadvantages over other European countries. It analyses the impact of macroeconomic factors such as regulations, taxation and GDP on passenger car sales. Section also provides an overview of the key technological shifts happening in Nordic market, which is expected to be the future focus area for major OEMs.
The study analyses the sales, production and import statistics for Nordic countries. Sales is analyzed by volume for each automaker, to understand the brand performance in each country and by segment, to analyze which car segment has more consumer affinity and future trends. Production numbers are derived and OEM strategies in car production are analyzed for understanding future production trends. Sales of cars by country are analyzed with major focus on top selling OEM brands.
Light vehicle registration is forecast till 2022 and evolution of leasing trend is analyzed. Leasing is analyzed against the cash/credit purchase to understand the penetration rate of leasing on overall light vehicle market. Also the current and future market prospects on the banning and adoption of EVs/alternate energy powered vehicles are highlighted in this section.
EV outlook section provides detailed analysis of electric vehicle sales in Nordic by country. Best performing brands/models are found for each country and future market prospects are highlighted. In addition, an analysis of sales by segment for PEV is carried out to understand which EV car segment gains more consumer preference and market share.
Status of charging infrastructure development is analyzed by country to map EV sales with infrastructure availability. It also provides an overview on the incentives offered for EVs in Nordic countries. It highlights how National policy and local policy can impact the adoption of EVs.
The aim of the study is to understand the Nordic passenger vehicle market dynamics and performance of major OEMs in the Nordic region. Study evaluates the segments of car sales. It also aims to understand the electric charging infrastructure deployment in Nordic countries, taxation and incentives provided for EV adoption in these countries.
Objectives of the study include:
- To understand the passenger vehicle sales trends.
- To understand plans of government in banning ICEs.
- To understand sales performance based vehicle segment and customer choice.
- To analyse the impact of financial incentives on EV adoption.
- To provide an overview of the incentives including their impact on the state EV penetration rate.
- To analyse how the leasing trend could evolve in future.
- To provide an overview of the key technology trends.
- To draw conclusions and provide future outlook.
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary-Passenger Car Sales by Region
- Executive Summary-Passenger Vehicle Segment Analysis
- Executive Summary-Status of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Deployment
- Executive Summary-Nordic EV Incentives
2. Research Scope and Methodology
- Research Scope Aims and Objectives
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study Will Answer
- Research Methodology
- Vehicle Segmentation
3. Nordic Automotive Industry Analysis
- Economic Outlook versus Automotive Sales Movement
- Nordic Automotive Industry 2017-Highlights
- SWOT Analysis of Nordic Automotive Industry
- Future Growth Drivers for the Nordic Automotive Market
- Taxation-Fiscal Income from Motor Vehicles
4. Sales, Production, Import, and Segments
- Passenger Car Production Plants in Nordics
- Nordic Car Production
- Passenger Car Sales by Region
- Car Sales by Major OEM
- Passenger Vehicle Segment Analysis
- Passenger Vehicle Import/Export Analysis
- Regional Spotlight-Norway
- Regional Spotlight-Denmark
- Regional Spotlight-Sweden
- Regional Spotlight-Finland
- Key Takeaways
5. EV Market Outlook
- Nordic EV Barometer
- Nordic EV Sales by Country
- Norway Electric Car Sales
- Sweden Electric Car Sales
- Denmark Electric Car Sales
- Finland Electric Car Sales
- Iceland Electric Car Sales
- EV Sales by Segment
- Status of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Deployment
- Nordic EV Incentives
- Key Takeaways
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Conclusions
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits