This edition of the Industrial Bioprocessing TOE features trends and innovations in the production of a tubular photobioreactor (PBR) for algae-biomass cultivation, and soot-reducing biofuels and fuel additives. The TOE also focuses on developments in water treatment technologies, such as a low-cost high-performance thin-film composite forward osmosis membrane, a biomimetic nanocoagulant for single-stage water treatment, and a wave-powered desalination system.
The Industrial Bioprocessing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, processes and strategic insights of industries involving bioprocessing, including innovations in the development and production of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, alternative fuels, chemical feedstocks, food and beverages, and consumer products.
Keywords: Photobioreactor, forward osmosis membrane, glycerol carbonate, biomimetic nanocoagulant, wave-powered desalination
1. Recent Developments in Water Treatment, Desalination, and Biofuel Production
- Cost-efficient Method for Bioreactor Production and Installation
- Low-cost, High-performance Forward Osmosis Membrane
- Soot-reducing Fuel Additive from Glycerol Waste
- Biomimetic Nanocoagulant for Efficient Water Treatment
- Desalination System Powered by Ocean Wave Energy
- Industry Contacts