"Online Retailing in Indonesia, Summary & Forecasts to 2022" report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in Indonesia. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments. In-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories).
Although Indonesia is home for the largest population in Southeast Asia, e-commerce penetration in the country is still low, making it one of the most attractive markets for retailers. The share of online channel is expected to increase in overall retail sales considerably over the next five years and register double-digit growth on the back of an increasing number of young shoppers, growing internet connectivity, and improving telecommunications infrastructure.
- Indonesia online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 23.8% during 2017-2022
- Online is the fastest growing channel in the Indonesian retail industry
- Electricals sector dominates the Indonesian online market in value
- Clothing and footwear is the fastest growing sector for online sales
- Majority of Top 20 online retailers are physical retailers with a multichannel offer
- Top five online pureplay retailers accounted for a market share of 17.3%
- Bhinneka achieved the highest sales growth during 2016-2017.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Indonesia online retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the online retail market
- Investigate current and forecast online trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial online trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories online from 2012, with forecasts until 2022.
Table of ContentsDrivers and inhibitors
Online retail in the country
Clothing & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty
Definitions and Methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- MAP Emall
- Ace Hardware
- Electronic Solution
- Lotte Grosir
- Charles & Keith
- Electronic City
- Victoria's secret