Western European markets have traditionally exhibited some of the highest mobile broadband penetration levels worldwide thanks to their extensive broadband infrastructure coverage and higher per capita income levels. In addition, aggressive discounted pricing adopted by most operators in the region and the inclusion of value-added services as part of multiplay bundles have also played an important role, helping to rise adoption levels historically.
At 71.6% estimated for year-end 2018, Western Europe (WE) features the highest multiplay household penetration worldwide, followed by Americas, Asia-Pacific and Central and Eastern Europe.
With an 88% multiplay household penetration rate estimated for year-end 2018, UK is the country with the highest multiplay household penetration in Europe. A position that it will maintain through the forecast period, with the total number of multiplay households set to grow to 26.1 million by 2023, which translates into a penetration of households of 90.9%.
Central and Eastern Europe, meanwhile, has been lagging behind Western Europe in terms of multiplay service adoption, mainly because of its relatively low broadband penetration levels. Moving forward, however, it is expected that Russia, Central and Eastern Europe’s largest multiplay market, to exhibit the regions fastest growth rate in terms of adoption.
WE operators such as Orange and Telefonica have been investing in the expansion of their fiber-optic networks in order to deliver gigabit Internet speeds to every household. These European operators look to leverage their widespread FTTH network to drive multiplay adoption, aimed at reducing churn and improving revenue generating units (RGUs).
"Multiplay Service Market Trends in Europe" a new Telecom Insider Report, provides an executive-level overview of the multiplay market in Europe. It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insight into the multiplay market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Europe in a global context; looks at the multiplay market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Multiplay market in Europe; provides a detailed description of the multiplay market in Europe, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by type of package.
- Multiplay revenue evolution in Europe; analyzes the average monthly spends on three different type of packages and revenue trends over 2018-2023.
- Country Profiles; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in the Spain and the UK for the 2017-2023 period.
- Key findings: the Insider concludes with a number of key findings for multiplay service providers in Europe.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place Europe multiplay market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investment.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by multiplay service providers that illustrate the findings of the report; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- With more than ten charts, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the multiplay market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
Table of ContentsExecutive summary
Section 1: Europe in a global context
Europe’s demographics at a glance
Europe in a global context
Section 2: Multiplay market in Europe
Multiplay market in Europe
Section 3: Multiplay revenue evolution in Europe
Multiplay household spend in Europe
Multiplay service revenue evolution in Europe
Section 4: Country profiles
Multiplay service evolution in Spain
Multiplay service evolution in UK
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Orange France
- Telefonica Spain
- Virgin Media UK