1h Free Analyst TimeMultiplay Service Market Trends in Asia-Pacific
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Asia-Pacific will close 2018 with a 25.9% multiplay household penetration rate, lagging behind by Europe (48.2%) and Americas (43.7%). Fast growing fiber-optic network penetration in countries such as China and India will enable access to high quality FTTH services for more customers, thus encouraging telcos to promote multiplay bundles.
In China, fiber-optic lines already account for a majority of total broadband access lines and major fixed line operator China Telecom is continuously expanding its FTTH/B network to underserved regions. In India, state incumbent BSNL is rolling out FTTH/B networks in several states.
It is estimated that the total number of double-play households in APAC will reach 188.3 million by year-end 2018, accounting for 62.4% of total multiplay subscriptions in the region. Although double-play will remain the leading multiplay category throughout the forecast period, its subscription share will decline gradually as triple- and quad-play bundles become more common.
Total multiplay service revenue in APAC will reach an estimated $52.7 million in 2018, with a majority of the revenue (52.8%) coming from the double-play segment. Triple-play bundles will generate 30.6% of the region’s multiplay revenue, while the contribution of quadruple-play bundles will remain relatively modest at 11.2%.
"Multiplay Service Market Trends in Asia-Pacific" a new Telecom Insider Report offers a thorough study of the multiplay service market in the APAC region. The report analyzes the overall APAC multiplay market, making comparisons in context to other global regions, as well as providing analysis on trends specific within the region as well as a deeper look at multiplay trends in two key markets.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Asia-Pacific in a global context: This section provides a general analysis of the demographics, internet users, broadband lines, mobile broadband accounts, and the pay-TV market in APAC in comparison to other global regions.
- The multiplay market in Asia-Pacific: This section examines more specifically the region’s multiplay services market trends in APAC.
- Multiplay revenue evolution in the Asia-Pacific; analyzes the average monthly spends on three different type of packages and revenue trends over 2018-2023.
- Country profiles: two country profiles are presented, illustrating the state of the multiplay services market, current trends and market dynamics.
- Key findings and recommendations: It consists of a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators and service providers.
Reasons to Buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of multiplay and fixed mobile convergence market in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates multiplay trends globally and in the APAC region, providing a market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing operators, with examples from multiplay service providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the multiplay market, current trends and market dynamics of the multiplay markets in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the APAC markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
Table of ContentsExecutive summary
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a global context
Asia-Pacific’s demographics at a glance
Asia-Pacific in a global context
Section 2: Multiplay market in Asia-Pacific
Multiplay market in the Asia-Pacific
Section 3: Multiplay revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
Multiplay household spend in Asia-Pacific
Multiplay service revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
Section 4: Country profiles
Multiplay service evolution in India
Multiplay service evolution in Japan
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bharti Airtel
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- KT Corp