1h Free Analyst TimeSuccess Case Study: Welcia - Multifunctional drugstore chain threatening Japan's convenience store channel
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
"Success Case Study: Welcia", is part of the researcher's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Welcia drugstore chain in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of running a successful retail business.
Welcia is a relatively new drugstore chain in Japan, and has been growing rapidly through mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Its core business is healthcare, selling over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and prescription drugs, yet the store also offers a vast range of FMCG products and services. Its business model is now becoming a threat for major convenience chains in the country.
- Welcia Yakkyoku is a growing drugstore chain in Japan that sells a vast variety of FMCG products and services as well as medicines.
- Time-pressed consumers find an outlet that combines pharmacy and convenience store functions appealing.
- Multifunctionality can attract consumers, yet identifying the right consumers' needs in products and services is key.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Welcia Holdings
- Tsuruha Holdings
- Matsumotokiyoshi Holdings
- Seven Eleven Japan