This edition of the Industrial Bioprocessing TOE features trends and innovations in wastewater treatment, production of value-added chemicals from sustainable raw materials, bio-based sealants, bioplastics, and biomaterials for 3D printing. The TOE also focuses on the development of various cost-effective processes that can simultaneously enable high-quality wastewater treatment and renewable energy generation. The TOE also talks about the implementation of cost-effective ceramic membranes used in membrane biological reactors for the efficient treatment of industrial and municipal wastewater. The TOE also talks about sustainable processes that can convert pine needles from Christmas trees into value-added chemicals. The TOE provides intelligence on the use of water-resistant catalysts for increasing selectivity and conversion of organic compounds into value-added chemicals. The TOE focuses on improving the overall economics of the bio-refining process and improving the functionalities of biomaterials for various applications. It also captures innovations addressing the challenges involved in hydrogen production, pest control, and food freshness detection.
The Industrial Bioprocessing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, processes and strategic insights of industries involving bioprocessing, including innovations in the development and production of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, alternative fuels, chemical feedstocks, food and beverages, and consumer products.
1. Developments in Wastewater Treatment, Catalysts, Sustainable Compounds, Waste Management, Hydrogen Production, Food Freshness Detection, Bio-based Sealants, Bioplastics, Microbial Electrochemical Systems, and Biocomposite-based 3D Printing
- Integration of Energy Generation and Wastewater Treatment in Municipal Sewage Treatment Facilities
- Utilization of Sustainable Ceramic Membranes for the cost-effective treatment of Wastewater
- Cost-effective Processes for the Conversion of Pine Needles into Paints and Adhesives
- Highly Selective and Water Resistant Catalysts for Generating Value Added Compounds
- Boron-diamond Electrodes for removal of Poly Fluoroalkyl Substances from Wastewater
- Combining Solar Power with Agro Waste for Pest Control
- Compact Pocket-sized Food Freshness Detector
- Copper-titanium-based Catalyst for Producing Hydrogen from Water
- Bio-based Sealants for Improving the Life of Concrete Roads
- Manganese Dioxide Catalysts for Accelerated Production of Bio-based Plastics
- Insertion of Bacterial Species into Electrochemical Systems to Generate better Biosensors
- Novel Lignin-based Composite for 3D Printing
- Industry Contacts