This Advanced Manufacturing Technology TOE profiles advancements in swarm robots, 3D printing of ceramics, metals, multi-materials, light-based manufacturing using optical traps, asset and inventory tracking.
The Advanced Manufacturing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a weekly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human-machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
Table of Contents
1. Recent Developments in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Swarm Robots to Transform Conventional Building Construction
- Ceramic 3D Printer for Medical and Industrial Applications
- Electrical Scrap Transformed into Functional Robots
- Post Processing of Metal 3D Printed Parts Made Easier
- Digital Light Processing-based Multi-material 3D Printing
- Light-based Manufacturing for the Electronic Industry
- Information Management Solution for Efficient Aerospace and Defense Supply Chains
- Wireless Tracking of Inbound and Outbound Assets
- Hybrid System for Multi-material Printing
- Automated Calibration System
- Robotic Arm for Small-and Medium-Scale Companies
- Cost-effective Joining Technology for Large-scale Parts
- Industry Contacts