This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) focuses on innovations and developments in energy storage and battery systems. Apart from innovations pertaining to lithium-ion batteries, other forms of battery systems such as magnesium-based and fluoride-ion-based systems are discussed. In addition, modular batteries for outdoor applications and Li-ion batteries for UPS applications are considered. In addition, developments in renewable energy such as solar and wind are explored. Advanced monitoring solutions that can enhance wind power production and enable effective blade maintenance, and emerging airborne wind power generation concepts are examined.
The Energy and Power Systems TOE provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Table of Contents
1. Innovations in Battery Solutions for UPS, Wind Turbine Monitoring, and Energy Storage Monitoring
- Dry Etching Method Reduces Solar Cells Manufacturing Cost by 10%
- Energy Storage System for Renewable Energy Sources
- Catalyst Improves Lithium-air Battery Capacity
- Breakthrough Technology in Magnesium-based Battery
- Fluoride-based Battery Alternative to Lithium-ion Battery
- Modular Stationary Batteries for Residential Applications
- Lithium-ion Battery Solutions for UPS Applications
- Aero-acoustic Tool Utilized to Detect Wind Blade Damage
- Efficient Solar Panels to Make Zero Carbon Buildings a Reality
- Revolutionary Design Enhances Wind Power Production
2. Industry Contacts