This issue of Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine profiles advancements in miniature optical sensors, MEMS piezoelectric pressure sensors, terahertz imaging sensors, MEMS gas sensors, compact integrated color/ambient light/proximity sensors, giant magneto resistance sensors, low pressure sensors, automotive image sensors, sensors for healthcare, sensors for determining milk freshness, eddy current sensors for bearing surface monitoring, and automotive radar sensors.
Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz). The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
Keywords: Optical sensors, MEMS, piezoelectric sensors, pressure sensors, light sensors, proximity sensors, color sensors, giant magneto resistance sensors, image sensors, automotive sensors, radar sensors, LiDAR sensors, motor function sensors, sensors for epilepsy, biodegradable sensors, blood flow monitoring, paper sensors, eddy current sensors, food freshness sensor, wind turbines
1. Recent Developments in Sensor Technologies
- Optical Sensor Immune to Ambient Light
- Calibration-Free and Flexible Connectivity MEMS Pressure Sensor
- Terahertz Imaging Scanner to Shorten Airport Lines
- Small, Smart Gas Sensor Improves Safety
- Super Slim Optical Sensor Fits Narrow Bezel Smartphones
- Smart Magnetometer Gives Hall Effect Sensors Competition
- High-accuracy Low-pressure Sensor
- Novel Image Sensor for Automotive in-cabin Monitoring Applications
- Wearable Sensors for Motor Function Tracking
- Sensor for Monitoring Epilepsy in Humans
- Biodegradable Sensor for Blood Flow Monitoring
- Paper-based Sensor for Determining the Freshness of Milk
- Novel Inductive Sensor for Monitoring Bearing Surface
- Novel Imaging RADAR Sensor for Automotive Applications
- Ultrasonic Sensors for Harsh Environment Applications
- Industry Contacts