This Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) profiles developments in holographic displays, AI accelerators, protein switches, topological circuits, and VCSEL. Innovations include topological properties of light realized by fabricating LC circuits based on simple structures, AI accelerator chip that enables low-power consumption, metalloprotein switch that enables easy electron transfer and finds application in electronic devices, holographic display units that can be connected wirelessly to display 3D images in air, an optical processing technology for artificial intelligence applications, a charge trap flash-based 4D NAND memory technology, single panel antenna for multiple 5G communications, a ferrimagnet-based spintronic memory device, cost-effective VCSEL for facial recognition, a circular VCSEL array for multicore fiber sensing applications, customized VCSEL for depth sensing applications, and an accurate VCSEL epitaxy growth tool for high-speed communication.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
1. Advancements in Holographic Displays, AI Accelerators, Protein Switches, Topological Circuits, and VCSEL
- Topological Properties of Light Realized by Fabricating LC Circuits Based on Simple Structures
- AI Accelerator Chip that Enables Low-power Consumption
- Metalloprotein Switch Enables Easy Electron Transfer and Finds Application in Electronic Devices
- Holographic Display Units that Can be Connected Wirelessly to Display 3D Images in Air
- Optical Processing Technology for Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Charge Trap Flash-based 4D NAND Memory Technology
- Single Panel Antenna for Multiple 5G Communications
- Ferrimagnet-based Spintronic Memory Device
- Cost-Effective VCSEL for Facial Recognition
- Circular VCSEL Array for Multicore Fiber Sensing Applications
- Customized VCSEL for Depth Sensing Applications
- Accurate VCSEL Epitaxy Growth Tool for High-speed Communication
- Industry Contacts