This issue of High-Tech Materials TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) is based on innovations that are focused on carbon nanotubes (CNTs), artificial muscles, and metal-based catalysts. These innovations can be used in a wide variety of industries such as military, sensors, and energy storage devices (batteries and capacitors). This TOE also covers innovations on the development of artificial muscles using yarns of CNTs, using bionic mushrooms for generating electricity, using light to control the motion of silicon nanomotors, and a pre-composite polymer additive for titanium oxide paints.
The High-Tech Materials TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on various materials across industries. Some material technologies include lightweight materials, bio–based materials, ceramics, smart materials, fibers, nanomaterials, responsive materials, polymers, woven and non woven materials, polymers and plastics and packaging materials.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Advancements in Carbon Nanotubes, Artificial Muscles, and Metal-based Catalysts
- Catalyst that Has the Ability to Convert Ammonia into Hydrogen Fuel at Ambient Pressure
- Carbon Nanotubes-based Fibers Are one of the Strongest Fibers Developed Until Now
- Artificial Muscles that Are Made of Carbon Nanotubes
- Carbon Nanotubes Present in Clothing Can be Used to Charge Different Gadgets
- Cresol Can Prevent the Agglomeration of Carbon Nanotubes
- Behavior of Gold Nanoparticles in the Water Environment
- Graphene Enabling Super-fast Electronic Devices
- Method of Controlling the Motion of Silicon Nanomotors
- Producing Electricity Using Bionic Mushrooms
- Pre-composite Polymer Additive for Titanium Oxide Paints
2. Key Contacts