This research service provides an overview on Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) market. It also includes an analysis of the different roles played by AI service providers and identifies the strategic imperatives for growth opportunities in this space.
Artificial Intelligence is increasingly penetrating into all aspects of business operations, transforming services and business models. Emerging technologies are being increasingly leveraged in both public and private sectors, significantly impacting the customer journey through different touchpoints. With the convergence of Internet of Things (IoT) and communication technologies such as 5G, AI applications are destined to pervade across all customer touchpoints going forward. The development of AI applications is aimed at making all actions as intuitive as possible for all kinds of users. AI applications embrace a series of co-creation endeavors to build, adjust, and optimize solutions with diverse inputs from myriad key players, end users, and indirect input providers. Connecting all AI-enabled services fades the boundaries of distinction across different touchpoints in the usage journey.
AI applications strive to create a smoother and effortless user experience. This study identifies and defines three main roles for AI service providers. These are:
- AI Solution Enablers-Key players to provide essential AI components such as computing power, processable data, and software stack
- AI Domain Specialists-Key players to provide critical AI functions such as Natural Language Understanding and Computer Vision
- AI Vertical Specialists-Key players to focus on industry- or vertical-oriented solutions, with exclusive data or proprietary models to deal with industry-specific issues such as medical diagnostic, robotics, autonomous driving, and personalized marketing
The use cases discussion in this study focuses on AI applications across different verticals such as banking and finance, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and automotive in different markets in the APAC region (including China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, and others). The profiles of vendors include those of the top tech giants as well as start-ups developing AI-enabled applications.
Key Issues Addressed
- Which are the technology advances and macroeconomic trends affecting AI development?
- What are the roles of key service providers in the AI application ecosystem?
- Which kind of AI use cases are deployed by users in APAC?
- How did AI applications help in the use cases discussed?
- What are the growth opportunities enabled by AI applications?
- Which are the issues that companies need to be aware of when developing AI applications?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Artificial Intelligence Applications-Everywhere and Nowhere
- AI Applications-Everywhere and Nowhere
3. Factors Driving AI Development
- Mega Trends Impacting Demand and Adoption of AI Applications
- AI Development-Three Technology Drivers
4. Introduction to AI
- Definition of AI
- Mapping Human Perceptions to AI-enabled Capabilities
5. AI Applications and Role of AI Service Providers
- AI Enablers Configuring AI Applications
- AI Applications in Different Verticals and Functions
- Roles of AI-enabled Service Providers
6. Vendor Profiles and Use Cases in APAC
- Parameters of Case Studies Selection
7. Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Solution Overview
- AWS AI Application for Communication
- AWS AI Application for BFS
- Google Cloud Platform Solution Overview
- GCP AI Application for Healthcare
- GCP AI Application for Identity Validation
- IBM Solution Overview
- IBM AI Application for Knowledge Management
- IBM AI Application for Communication
- Microsoft Solution Overview
- Microsoft AI Application for Human Resource Management
- Microsoft AI Application for Communication
11. Alibaba Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud Solution Overview
- Alibaba Cloud AI Application for Manufacturing
- Cisco Solution Overview
- Cisco AI Application for Cybersecurity
- Appier Solution Overview
- Appier AI Application for Marketing
- ThetaRay Solution Overview
- ThetaRay AI Application for BFS
15. Deep Instinct
- Deep Instinct Solution Overview
16. Preferred Networks
- Preferred Networks Solution Overview
- PFN AI Application for Manufacturing
- SenseTime Solution Overview
- SenseTime AI Application for City Security
- SenseTime AI Application for Automotive
18. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Generate Revenues from Services
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Inheritance of Virtual Knowledge
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Panorama of Customer Journey
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Intuitive Conversation Interface
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Foreseeable Cybersecurity
- Strategic Imperatives for AI Service Providers
- Conclusion of Applications in APAC
- Final Words
- Legal Disclaimer