Allianz Group is one of the world's largest property and casualty insurers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, the group serves around 88 million customers in over 70 countries with more than 140,553 employees as of December 31, 2017. It operates three business segments: insurance operations, asset management, and corporate and other.
This profile offers a review of Allianz in terms of its business structure and strategy, its financial performance, and its marketing and distribution activities, before concluding with a SWOT analysis.
Key Questions Answered
- What are Allianz’s brands?
- What are Allianz’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What opportunities and threats will the company face going forward?
- In November 2018, Allianz introduced a new three-year strategic program called Renewal Agenda 2.0 for 2019-21, building on its previous three-year plan.
- Allianz brand Petplan is the largest pet insurer in the UK, accounting for over 40% of the market as per industry estimates.
- Allianz has invested strongly in sports sponsorships including Formula E, football, golf, the Paralympics, and rugby.
Reasons to buy
- Learn about Allianz’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into the group’s underwriting and distribution strategy.
- Understand its advertising strategy.
Table of Contents
- A Global Overview
- Corporate Structure
- Historic Milestones
- What Does Allianz Do?
- Advertising Expenditure
- SWOT Analysis
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Standard Chartered