PESTLE Insights: Belgium - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Flemish region is among best-performing regions in Belgium. It solely contributed 58.7% to GDP and comprised 57.6% of the Belgian population in 2016
Americas region was leading investor in Belgium with FDI inflows of US$7.3bn, while most European nations divested from the country
Financial intermediation contributed 29.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by other services (24.3%) and mining, manufacturing, and utilities (16.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 3.0%, 5.0% and 3.8%, respectively in 2018, as per GlobalData estimates.
Rising trend of the BEL 20 (^BFX) index over last one year exhibits progress of the economy. As of January 17, 2018, BEL 20 (^BFX) index stood at 3,429.7, compared to 4,148.6 on January 17, 2019.
- Belgium ranked third out of 160 nations in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018
- Several firms, along with funding from the European Commission (EC), have invested US$1.5bn in 54 transport projects out of 114 eligible proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility during 2014-2017.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360-degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials, and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
1. List of Exhibits
2. Did you Know?
3. Country Highlights
4. Country Snapshot
5. PESTLE Insights
6. Political Landscape
7. Economic Landscape
8. Social Landscape
9. Technological Landscape
10. Legal Landscape
11. Environmental Landscape
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Belgium’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Belgium Stock Market (BEL 20 (^BFX))
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows in Belgium (2013-2017) and FDI Share by Sector (2017)
Exhibit 7: Investment by Region and Country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Belgium 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions