Epidemiology of Diabetes addresses the patterns, risk factors and prevention tactics for the epidemic of diabetes in the US population. Diabetes is a costly and common disease that needs serious attention and awareness. Diabetes causes devastating consequences, such as neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and vasculopathy. This succinct reference focuses on current data and research on diabetes, and is essential reading for diabetes care providers, as well as health care decision-makers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported that more than 100 million US adults are living with diabetes or prediabetes, hence this is a timely resource on the topic.
- Serves as a starting point for medical professionals who are addressing the patterns, risk factors, prevention and treatment of the epidemic of diabetes in the US population
- Discusses the epidemic and prevalence of diabetes in the United States, covering the disability, burden and mortality of diabetes
- Covers the epidemiology of nutrition and diet, addressing carbohydrates and fiber, fats, protein, alcohol and nutritional intervention
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Endocrine Function of the Pancreas
3. Pathophysiology of Diabetes
4. The Epidemic and Prevalence of Diabetes in the United States
5. Epidemiology of Diet and Diabetes Mellitus
6. The Health Impact of Diabetes
7. Type 1 Diabetes
8. Type 2 Diabetes
10. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
11. Treatment of Diabetes
Dr. Moini was assistant professor at Tehran University, Medical School, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, for nine years. For 18 years, he was the Director of Epidemiology for the Brevard County Health Department. For 15 years, he was the Director of Science and Health for Everest University in Melbourne FL. He was also a Professor of Science and Health at Everest for a total of 24 years. For 6 years, he was a Professor of Science and Health at Eastern Florida State College, but is now retired. Dr. Moini has been actively teaching for 39 years, and for 20 years, has been an international author of 38 books.