City Profile - Bandung ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Bandung metropolitan area is the one of most populous area in Indonesia, with the population density of 14,907 people per square kilometer. The area’s economy accounts for 1.9% of the nation’s GDP. The economy of the area is majorly driven by driven by the service sectors, mainly by the wholesale and retail trade, hotels and restaurants, transportation sectors
“City Profile - Bandung” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bandung.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The area’s economy thrives on small scale industries (SMEs) related to tourism, manufacturing, textiles, pharmaceutical, financial food and healthcare. The SMEs contributes largely to the area’s total GDP
- Growth of the tourism industry led by depreciating local currency will also stimulate the economy. Bandung, being one of the three major destinations in Indonesia for MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions), is likely to attract more foreign MICE tourists and thus exploiting the potential of MICE
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Bandung city - key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Bandung city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Bandung city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Bandung city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Bandung city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Bandung city - main universities, 2019
Table 7: Bandung city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Bandung city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Bandung city - Bandung Husein Sastranegara, key airport indicators, 2016-17
Table 10: Bandung city - tourist visits to accommodation establishments, 2017
Table 11: Bandung city - accommodation establishments, 2015-16
Table 12: Bandung city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Bandung city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Bandung city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Bandung city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Bandung city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Bandung city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Bandung city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)