The Diabetes Devices Intelligence Center (IC) is a global intelligence database platform that offers data on 25 major countries. It covers 13 years of comparable data, with 5-year forecasts including values, volume sales, and price & price per-capita expenditure. The IC enhances your understanding of the diabetes devices industry, along with economic factors impacting the market, such as diabetic population levels, Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes population, and obesity, which provide you with actionable business insights.
- Diabetes device market data, volume and value analytics with growth trends (2012-2023).
- Segment, sub-segment & company device sales data from 2012-2023
- Market indicators – diabetic population levels, diabetes prevalence, Diabetes Type 1 population, Diabetes Type 2 population, and per-capita expenditure.
The Diabetes Device Intelligence Centre provides exhaustive coverage (Countries covered account for more than 80% of the overall spending on diabetes), covering and tracking of over 8,000+ data points of the diabetes care devices market, which covers various categories, segments, sub-segments and company share analysis.
Categories and Segments:
- Management Devices
- Insulin-Delivery Devices
- Insulin Syringes
- Cartridges in Reusable pens
- Disposable Pens
- Jet Injectors
- Insulin Pump
- Insulin Pump Devices
- Insulin Pump Reservoirs
- Infusion Sets
- Monitoring Devices
- Self-monitoring Blood Glucose Devices (SMBG)
- By Component
- Glucometer Devices
- Test Strips
- By End-user
- Glucometer Devices
- Test Strips
- Glucometer Devices
- Test Strips
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices (CGM)
- CGM durables (Receivers and Transmitters)
The Diabetes Device market is expected to grow because of the rising diabetic population levels and increasing diabetes expenditure in established and emerging countries. The Type 1 diabetes population completely depend on insulin therapy, and therefore, they constantly need to monitor their blood glucose. Some of the Type 2 Diabetes patients also depend upon insulin therapy, and therefore, the continuous glucose monitor device market is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 16.89% in the forecast period.
Global Rise in Diabetic Population Levels:
- There has been a tremendous increase in the global diabetic population levels over the past decade. Several reports and surveys documented a drastic increase in the diabetic population, based on changing lifestyles and habits.
- Extensive urbanization in various parts of the globe is considered to be the primary cause of obesity, health deterioration, physical inactivity, etc. Owing to these factors, the prevalence of Type 2 Diabetes mellitus (T2DM) has increased significantly.
- It is estimated that out of the total 415 million people suffering from diabetes worldwide, 46% of this demographic is those with undiagnosed diabetes.
- The growing diabetic population levels act as a driver for insulin monitoring devices such as glucometers, CGM, etc. In developed countries close to 90% of Type 1 Diabetic patients use glucometers. It is expected that during the forecast period close to 50% of
- Type 2 Diabetic patients will use glucometers.
There have been constant innovations driven by manufacturers, in order to compete and struggle in the market. The major players, such as Abbott and Medtronic, resort to inorganic market strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions, to establish market dominance, while also adhering to organic growth strategies, which is evident from the R&D spending of these companies. Examples of a few strategic outcomes include:
- In March 2018, Medtronic PLC received the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for Guardian (TM) Connect continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system, for diabetics aged between 14-75 years.
- In January 2018, Abbott announced that the FreeStyle Libre System, the company's revolutionary new continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system, was available to Medicare patients in the United States.
Reasons to Purchase this Dashboard
- More Granular: Covers more categories, segments and brands’ information at country- and global-levels compared to other market intelligence providers
- Analyzing the outlook of the market with recent market data, historical data and market forecast
- Ease of Comparability: Our analytics is based on a standardized definition across the globe to facilitate better comparability of market data
- View the market in different ways among categories and geography to understand where actual opportunities lie
- Market segmentation including quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional- and country-level data integrating the demand and supply forces which are influencing the growth of the market
- Market value (in USD million) and volume data for each segment and sub-segment
- Understanding of the market based on value and volume changes, intra category competition.
- Dedicated analyst support for research queries and training
- Continuous yearly amendment of the database with significant changes updated based on scenarios
Customization of the Dashboard
This dashboard can be customized to meet your requirements by adding the country of your choice and qualitative trends on request. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a dashboard that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Phases
2.3.1 Internal sources evaluation
2.3.2 Research Process
2.3.3 Modeling & Triangulation
2.3.4 Data Finalization
2.3.5 Expert Validation
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Device
3.1.1 Monitoring Devices
126.96.36.199 Self-monitoring Blood Glucose Devices
188.8.131.52.1 By Component
184.108.40.206.1.1 Glucometer Devices
220.127.116.11.1.2 Test Strips
18.104.22.168.2 By End User
22.214.171.124.2.1.1 Glucometer Devices
126.96.36.199.2.1.2 Test Strips
188.8.131.52.2.2.1 Glucometer Devices
184.108.40.206.2.2.2 Test Strips
220.127.116.11 Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring
18.104.22.168.1 By Component
3.1.2 Management Devices
22.214.171.124 Insulin Pump
126.96.36.199.1 Insulin Pump Device
188.8.131.52.2 Insulin Pump Reservoir
184.108.40.206.3 Infusion Set
220.127.116.11 Insulin Syringes
18.104.22.168 Insulin Cartridges
22.214.171.124 Disposable Pens
126.96.36.199 Jet Injectors
3.2 By Geography
3.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
3.2.3 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
3.2.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle & Africa
4. MARKET INDICATORS
4.1 Type-1 Diabetes Population (2012-2023)
4.2 Type-2 Diabetes Population (2012-2023)
5. COMPANY SHARE ANALYSIS
- Abbott Diabetes Care
- Agamatrix Inc.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care
- Bionime Corporation
- Eli Lilly
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novo Nordisk