The Indian mosquito repellent market stood at $ 670 million in 2018 and is projected to grow to nearly $ 900 million by 2024. Anticipated growth in the market can be attributed to rising cases of vector borne diseases in rural as well as urban areas. Majority of the sales of mosquito repellents takes place in urban areas, however, rising initiatives by government as well as product manufacturers towards spreading awareness about mosquito repellent products in rural areas is expected to increase demand for these products in rural areas over the next five years. Additionally, increasing penetration of modern mosquito repellent products such as vaporizers, sprays, creams, repellent fabrics, etc., is further anticipated to fuel growth in the market during forecast period.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2014-2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Indian mosquito repellent market.
- To define, classify and forecast the Indian mosquito repellent market based on Product Type, Distribution Channel, Region, By Organized Vs. Unorganized Sector and Company.
- To analyze and forecast the market share for the Indian mosquito repellent market with respect to Type: Coils, mats, vaporizers, sprays, creams, etc.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size based on 4 regions, namely - North, South, East and West.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for the Indian mosquito repellent market.
- To strategically profile the leading players in the market which are involved in the supply of mosquito repellents in the Indian mosquito repellent market.
Some of the major players operating in the Indian mosquito repellent market are Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Reckitt Benckiser Products (India) Private Limited, S.C. Johnson Products India Private Limited, Jyothy Laboratories Limited, Dabur India Limited, Himalaya Drug Company, Midas Hygiene Industries Private Limited, Strategi Herbals Private Limited, etc.
The author performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, the author sourced a list of leading manufacturers of mosquito repellents. Subsequently, the author conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the company personnel were also enquired about their key products, prices of products and competitors. Through this technique, the author was able to include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The author analyzed the type, distribution channel and regional presence of all major mosquito repellent companies.
The author calculated the market size for the Indian mosquito repellent market using a top-down approach, wherein manufacturers’ value share data for different types (Coils, Vaporizers, Mats, Sprays, Creams and Others) was recorded and forecast for the future years. The author sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources, directories, databases such as company annual reports, World Bank, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, industry magazines, industry reports, news dailies, credible paid databases, etc., were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Mosquito repellent manufacturers/importers and suppliers
- Trade Associations, organizations, forums and alliances related to mosquito repellent market
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as mosquito repellent manufacturers, distributors and dealers, customers and policy makers. The report provides insights about which market segments should be targeted over the coming years to strategize investments and capitalize on the growth of the market.
In this report, the Indian mosquito repellent market has been segmented into the following categories in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, by Type:
Market, by Distributional Channel:
- Traditional Retail
- Online Channel
Market, by Organized Vs. Unorganized Sector:
Market, by Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian mosquito repellent market.
Voice of Customer: Customer Analysis by considering following parameters: Frequency and usage of mosquito repellents, reasons to purchase mosquito repellents and sources of information.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across all major regions.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
*Note - Custom Research License:
10% specific customization is available free of any additional cost, for both the single user and enterprise license, as above. However, alternatively, if you are looking for additional content data or insight related to the scope of the report, you may purchase the new “Custom Research License”. Please enquire for pricing.
The custom research will be delivered in printable PDF format along with the report’s data excel sheet. This license offers 80 analyst hours. It is strongly recommended for an organization which wants to execute short ‘bespoke’ research projects related to the scope of the purchased report.
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
4.1. Brand Awareness
4.2. Frequency of Usage & Purchase
4.3. Sources of Information Conferred
4.4. Reason for Purchase
5. Global Mosquito Repellent Market Overview
6. India Mosquito Repellent Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Product Type (Coils, Vaporizers, Mats, Sprays, Creams and Other Mosquito Repellents)
6.2.2. By Distribution Channel (Traditional Retail, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Online Sales Channel and Others)
6.2.3. By Organized Vs. Unorganized Sector
6.2.4. By Region
188.8.131.52. By State
6.2.5. By Company
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index (By Product Type and By Region)
7. India Coils Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value & Volume
7.2. Pricing Analysis
8. India Vaporizers Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value & Volume
8.2. Pricing Analysis
9. India Mats Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value & Volume
9.2. Pricing Analysis
10. India Sprays Market Outlook
10.1. Market Size & Forecast
10.1.1. By Value & Volume
10.2. Pricing Analysis
11. India Creams Market Outlook
11.1. Market Size & Forecast
11.1.1. By Value & Volume
11.2. Pricing Analysis
12. India Other Mosquito Repellents Market Outlook
12.1. Market Size & Forecast
12.1.1. By Value
13. Supply Chain Analysis
14. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
15. Import & Export Analysis
16. Market Dynamics
17. Market Trends & Developments
18. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
19. India Economic Profile
20. Competitive Landscape
20.1. Company Profiles
20.1.1. Godrej Consumer Product Ltd.
20.1.2. S.C. Johnson Products Private Limited
20.1.3. Reckitt Benckiser India Private Limited
20.1.4. Jyothy Laboratories Limited
20.1.5. Dabur India Limited
20.1.6. Himalaya Drug Company
20.1.7. Strategi Herbal Private Limited
20.1.8. Midas Hygiene Industries Private Limited
20.1.9. Goodluck Syndicate
20.1.10. Vitromed Healthcare
21. Strategic Recommendations
*Full List of Figures and Tables Available on Enquiry.
- Godrej Consumer Product Ltd.
- S.C. Johnson Products Private Limited
- Reckitt Benckiser India Private Limited
- Jyothy Laboratories Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- Himalaya Drug Company
- Strategi Herbal Private Limited
- Midas Hygiene Industries Private Limited
- Goodluck Syndicate
- Vitromed Healthcare