Global Meat sector was valued at US$945.7 billion in 2018 and is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.9% during 2018-2023, to reach US$1,142.9 billion by 2023. Asia-Pacific represents the second-largest market globally with a value share of 30.5% in the global meat sector in 2018, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2018-2023. The region registered the lowest per capita consumption and expenditure of all regions in 2018.
Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, and Malaysia were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large meat sector size, projected high value growth rates, and rising per capita value growth levels. Hong Kong accounted for 2.9% share of the regional meat sector in 2018 and is forecast to witness the highest CAGR of 11.9% during 2018-2023. Rising income levels and growing urbanization in the developing economies of the region are driving the growth of packaged meat products.
Fresh Meat (counter) is the largest category in the Asia-Pacific meat sector, accounting for 71% of overall value sales in 2018. It is followed by chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts and chilled raw packaged meat - processed categories. The overall meat sector in the Asia-Pacific region is fragmented, with the top five brands - Shuanghui, Itoham, Grassland Xingfa, Nipponham, and Nichirei - accounting for 7.2% of overall value sales in 2018.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Meat Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's meat sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific meat sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various meat by category across high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of nine countries across the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic and governance indicators, and technological infrastructure. Out of a possible nine, a total of four high-potential countries are shortlisted.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights into Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall meat sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of meat in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering meat products with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, while also analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Asia-Pacific meat sector in 2018. It covers seven distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ‘dollar stores’, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of meat.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
3.Identifying high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3.Identifying high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific
- High-Potential Countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific)
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of meat compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and meat categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
- Hong Kong
6. Success Stories
- Meat in the Asia-Pacific: case studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand share analysis in the meat sector
- Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific meat sector
- Leading brands in the Asia-Pacific meat sector
- Private label penetration in the meat sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - overview
- Health & wellness analysis - growth contribution by country
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by category
9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges
- Future Outlook
List of Tables
- Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2018-2023
- Asia-Pacific - analysis by region
- Identifying high-potential countries - Risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
- High-potential countries in Asia-Pacific - Overview
- Value share of meat sector as a proportion of overall food by country
- Change in consumption by market within meat (value terms), 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption in Asia-Pacific and high-potential countries, 2018
- Per capita expenditure in Asia-Pacific and high-potential countries, 2018
- Hong Kong meat - Overview, % value share by category, 2018
- Indonesia meat - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- India meat - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Malaysia meat - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Leading brands in the Asia-Pacific meat sector and categories by value, 2018
- Private Label penetration in the meat sector
- Health & Wellness value and its share in overall sales, 2013-2023
- Share of product attributes and consumer benefits in high-potential countries Asia-Pacific, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by country, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by category, 2018
List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region, 2018-2023
- Annual volume growth analysis by region, 2018-2023
- Value and volume growth analysis by country, 2018-2023
- Value and volume growth analysis by category, 2018-2023
- Top four high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Country-level contribution to growth by category in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Hong Kong meat - Demographic Analysis
- Indonesia meat - Demographic Analysis
- India meat - Demographic Analysis
- Malaysia meat - Demographic Analysis
- Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific meat sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Leading Brands (including Private label) in the Asia-Pacific meat sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Country-level contribution to the growth of H&W Market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Key pack material volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack material, 2013-2023
- Key pack type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack type, 2013-2023
- Key closure type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by closure type, 2013-2023
- Key primary outer type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by primary outer type, 2013-2023
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- WH Group
- Itoham Foods Inc.
- NH Foods Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Praire Xingfa Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Ershang Dahongmen Meat Foods
- Neimenggu Caoyuanxingfa Foods
- China Agri-Industries Holdings
- Beijing Jinluyi Food
- Yurun Food Group Ltd.