Smart Polymer Catalysts and Tunable Catalysis describes the latest advances in smart polymer catalysts and tunable catalysis. This book will serve as an ideal reference for scientists, students and researchers working in the fields of catalysis, chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, biotechnology and nanotechnology. Users will find this to be a distinct, systematic and comprehensive body of knowledge on the field with its compilation of essential knowledge and discussions of extensive potential in both social and commercial impacts.
- Provides a single-source summary of the emerging frontiers in scientific research in smart polymer catalysts and tunable catalysis
- Includes very well-organized chapters that are illustrated with over 130 illustrations and figures
- Written by scientists from prestigious universities and industries across the world
- Edited by veteran researchers in the field of smart polymers and catalysis
1. Smart Polymer Catalysts: Past, Present and Future 2. Smart Polymer Catalysts: a Versatile Tool for Tunable Catalytic Behavior 3. Smart Polymers with Tunable Catalytic Ability 4. Smart Polymers and Their Application in Switchable Catalysis 5. Multiresponsive Microspheres: Smart Catalytic Nanoreactors 6. Self-Oscillating Gels Driven by the Belousov-Zhabotinsky Reaction as Novel Smart Catalysts 7. Thermoresponsive Hydrogels as Smart Catalysts or Catalytic Carriers in Tunable Catalytic Processes 8. Smart Polymer Nanoreactors and Stimuli-Responsive Catalysis 9. Thermoresponsive Polymers and Membranes for Catalytic Applications 10. Stimuli-Responsive Gels as Reaction Vessels and Reusable Catalysts 11. Smart Polymer Architectures: a Key to Tunable Catalysis 12. Smart Polymer Brushes and Their Application in Switchable Catalysis 13. "Smart" Polymer-Protein Conjugates with Tunable Catalytic Activity 14. Using Smart Polymer Supports to Facilitate Tunable Catalysis 15. Smart Polymer-Supported Metals and Metal Oxide Nanoparticles: Synthesis and Applications
Professor Songjun Li is Head of the Department of Polymer Materials at Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China. He is President of the Chinese Advanced Materials Society, Executive President of the International Union of Advanced Materials, and Founder and Permanent Chairman of the International Congress on Advanced Materials. Li serves as Editor-in-Chief of the Open Electrochemistry Journal, and Journal of the Chinese Advanced Materials Society (JCAMS). From 2009 to 214 he was Marie Curie Fellow and Visiting Professor of Cranfield University, UK.
Lieberzeit, Peter A.
Professor Peter A. Lieberzeit is Vice Head of the Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria. He is Associate Editor of Monatshefte für Chemie-Chemical Monthly, and Executive Chairman of the 3rd International Congress on Advanced Materials
Piletsky, Sergey A.
Professor Sergey A. Piletsky is Head of the Leicester Biotechnology Group, University of Leicester, UK and former Director of the Biotechnology Center at Cranfield University, UK. He is Co- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Chinese Advanced Materials Society (JCAMS) and Secretary-General of the International Union of Advanced Materials. He served as Chairman of the 2nd International Congress on Advanced Materials.
Turner, Anthony P.F.
Professor Anthony P.F. Turner PhD; DSc; FRSC; is a pioneer in the field of biosensors and bioelectronics. He is Emeritus Professor of Biotechnology at Cranfield University in the UK, a Foreign Member of the USA National Academy of Engineering, Editor-in-Chief of the journal Biosensors & Bioelectronics (Elsevier), and Executive Chair of the World Congress on Biosensors (Elsevier). He is Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Science and Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.