Cerium Oxide (CeO2): Synthesis, Properties and Applications provides an updated and comprehensive account of the research in the field of cerium oxide based materials. The book is divided into three main blocks that deal with its properties, synthesis and applications. Special attention is devoted to the growing number of applications of ceria based materials, including their usage in industrial and environmental catalysis and photocatalysis, energy production and storage, sensors, cosmetics, radioprotection, glass technology, pigments, stainless steel and toxicology. A brief historical introduction gives users background, and a final chapter addresses future perspectives and outlooks to stimulate future research.
The book is intended for a wide audience, including students, academics and industrial researchers working in materials science, chemistry and physics.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Cerium and cerium oxide: A brief introduction
2. Synthesis and properties of cerium oxide-based materials
3. Catalytic applications of cerium dioxide
4. Photocatalytic and photothermocatalytic applications of cerium oxide-based materials
5. Mass diffusion phenomena in cerium oxide
6. Ceria-based coatings and pigments
7. Cerium oxide nanoparticles for chemical and biological sensors: Properties, sensing designs, and applications
8. Biological, biomedical and pharmaceutical applications of cerium oxide
9. Economical aspects, toxicity, and environmental fate of cerium oxide