Modern Environmental Analysis Techniques for Pollutants presents established environmental analysis methods, rapidly emerging technologies, and potential future research. As methods of environmental analysis move toward lower impact, lower cost, miniaturization, automation and simplicity, new methods emerge that ultimately improve accuracy. This book gives in-depth, step-by-step descriptions of a variety of techniques, including methods used in sampling, field sample handling, sample preparation, quantification and statistical evaluation. Users will find this to be a comprehensive text for students and researchers in the environmental analysis arena that also provides essential information to consultants and regulators on analytical and quality control procedures.
- Bridges the gap in current literature on analytical chemistry techniques and their application to environmental analysis
- Covers the use of nanomaterials in environmental analysis, as well as the monitoring and analysis of nanomaterials in the environment
- Looks to the past, present and future of environmental analysis, with chapters on historical background, established and emerging techniques and instrumentation, and predictions
2. Historical backgrounds of Environmental Analysis
3. Dimensions and Measurement of Environmental Analysis
4. Sampling and Sample Preparation Techniques for Environmental Analysis
5. Wet Chemical Techniques in Environmental Analysis
6. Spectroscopic Techniques for Environmental Analysis
7. Separation Techniques for Environmental Analysis
8. Electrochemical Techniques for Environmental Analysis
9. Emerging Techniques for Environmental Analysis
10. Analysis of Environmental samples
11. Use of Nanomaterials for Environmental Analysis
12. Quality Assurance and Control for Environmental Analysis
13. Sustainable development and Environmental Analysis
14. Future of Environmental Analysis
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD is an Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA. His research is focused on Environmental management, Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas.
Rüstem Keçili is a researcher at the department of medical services and techniques at Anadolu University Yunus Emre Vocational School of Health Services, Turkey. He worked as an Early Stage Researcher at MIP Technologies AB in Lund, Sweden, and was a visiting researcher at the University of Manchester, UK. His multidisciplinary professional background covers supramolecular systems, molecularly imprinted polymers (MIPs), molecular recognition, MIP-based sensor systems, affinity chromatography, solid phase extraction, and pharmaceutical impurity scavenging.