- UPDATED! Videos demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lameness and ultrasound findings.
- UPDATED! Tech Tips cover more than 850 diseases and disorders that are especially relevant to the technician's daily experience in the clinic.
- UPDATED! 200 customizable printable client education handouts are included online and available in English or Spanish.
- Highly referenced diseases and disorders presented in alphabetical order makes sought-out information easy to retrieve.
- Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information.
- Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
- SIX-BOOKS-IN-ONE offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and drug formulary.
- Pedagogical icons reflect content to alert readers to unique elements within each monograph.
- Vibrant website with searchable content and extensive bonus material enhances information from the print book. - NEW! Expert Consult website with fully searchable eBook allows quick identification of any topic and its related information in the six different sections of the book.
- NEW! Fully revised and updated content plus dozens of all-new chapters, including:
- Hyperadrenocorticism (food-related)
- Meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology
- Hypercalcemia (feline idiopathic)
- Hops toxicosis
- Movement disorders
- Heart murmur (incidental finding)
- Urethral occluder placement
- Fecal transplant
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (blind)
- NEW! Informed client consent handouts provide simple explanations of procedures and denote foreseeable risks in both English and Spanish).
- NEW! Additional color images throughout the eBook increase the effectiveness of clinical photographs to showcase ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
- NEW! Includes procedures and techniques rated in practical "do-ability" from 1 diamond (any vet should be able to read and do), to 3 diamonds (understanding procedure will facilitate conversation with clients but best performed through referral).
Section I: Diseases and Disorders
Section II: Procedures and Techniques
Section III: Differential Diagnosis
Section IV: Laboratory Tests
Section V: Clinical Algorithms
Section VI: Drug Formulary
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
Veterinary Health Center
University of Missouri
Etienne Cote Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada.