Digital Mining Ecosystem is governed by data analytics and smart technologies, automated equipment, processes and infrastructure that improve productivity, safety and sustainability outcomes. The increased adoption of advanced technologies is resulting in greater collaboration among all the stakeholders across the mining value chain.
Extensive technological advancements have paved the way for mining organizations to improve safety on the mine site as well as enhance productivity and minimize costs throughout the value chain. While the majority of digital innovation has taken place at the mine site, including more sophisticated data management, communications systems and robotics, mining companies are increasingly applying innovative technologies within areas such as exploration and mine development.
Big data analysis is not only used to manage and improve mining activities, but also to identify potential issues at a mine, with predictive maintenance an increasingly used tool for monitoring and managing equipment fleet or plant.
Robots and autonomous vehicles have been used to improve productivity and reduce the numbers of miners sent into hazardous environments, with machine operators hundreds of miles from the mine. Mining companies are also optimizing mining operations by converting raw data into insights; thereby increasing productivity by automating the actions required.
The report "Digital Transformation Initiatives in Metals & Mining", is loaded with Insights, real world examples of innovation and implementation of disruptive technologies across the value chain.
- Robots and autonomous vehicles have been used to improve productivity and reduce the numbers of miners sent into hazardous environments, with machine operators hundreds of miles from the mine.
- Mining companies are also optimizing mining operations by converting raw data into insights; thereby increasing productivity by automating the actions required.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into disruptive technologies in mining sector.
- Gain insights into Market Drivers & Inhibitors of Mining Tech.
- Gain insights into Key Trends, Value Chain and Use Cases of Mining Tech.
- Gain insights into future outlook of Mining Tech.
Table of Contents1. Digital Mining: Overview
2. Digital Mining: Evolution
3. Digital Mining: Key Themes
4. Digital Mining: Ecosystem
5. Digital Mining: Market Drivers & Inhibitors
6. Digital Mining: Value Chain and Use Cases
7. Digital Mining: Exploration & Resource Evaluation
8. Digital Mining: Mine Planning & Development
9. Digital Mining: Mining & Extraction
10. Digital Mining: Processing
11. Digital Mining: Marketing
12. Digital Mining: Future Outlook
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Albert Mining
- Nautilus Minerals
- Acoustic Zoom
- Teck Resources
- Production System
- PETRA Data Science
- Soter Analytics
- SRI International
- Kumba Iron Ore
- Rio Tinto
- Resolute Mining
- Schneider Electric