CLT panels are strong and stiff, which allows them to be used in a wide range of applications. The use of CLT panels has become a successful and popular method of construction in Europe since it was first introduced during the early 1990’s. It is currently used for all kinds of structures ranging from houses, barns, powerline towers, churches and bridges to high-rise apartment and office buildings, adding visibility and reputation to the system.
Global Cross Laminated Timber Market Drivers
The structures built with cross laminated timber require shorter period of construction time than traditional construction materials such as concrete and bricks. This is largely attributed to its light weight nature and easy and fast installation. Due to the faster construction time and cheaper built up costs, CLT offers a cheaper alternative over other popular construction material such as precast concrete to the building industry.
CLT can be used for an entire building or any combination of wall, floor/ceiling and roof applications. Its light weight and other characteristics make it highly adaptable to different types of projects, designs and site conditions like soft soils or tight proximity to neighbouring buildings. CLT elements can also be combined with other building materials which provides more flexibility in design, style and finish architecture. Moreover, any change in CLT can be made on site with simple tools.
Cross laminated timber since its inception has been largely confined to Europe. However, due to the increasing awareness about its advantages over other traditional construction material, architects and other stakeholders in the building industry in several markets such as China, Japan, United States, Canada, Australia, NewZealand, etc., are now considering cross laminated timber as a building material for their projects.
Cross laminated timber, over the years, has been mainly used as a building material in constructing low to mid rise buildings which mainly includes educational institutes and residential buildings. However, due to recent technical advancement, now structures up to 10 storeys can be built using cross laminated timber. Therefore, due to this technical advancement coupled with the aesthetic value that CLT adds to a structure, several construction companies are considering this product to build large commercial spaces.
This report provides a deep insight into the global cross-laminated timber market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a cross-laminated timber manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the cross-laminated timber industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the cross laminated timber market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of region?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of element type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of raw material type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of bonding method type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of panel layers?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of press type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of adhesive type?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of storey class?
- What is the breakup of the global cross laminated timber market on the basis of application type?
- What are the price trends of cross laminated timber?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the cross laminated timber industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the cross laminated timber industry?
- What is the structure of the cross laminated timber industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the cross laminated timber industry?
- What are the profit margins in the cross laminated timber industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- How is cross laminated timber manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for cross laminated timber?
- What are the transportation requirements for cross laminated timber?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a cross laminated timber manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Cross Laminated Timber Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Production Volume
5.2.2 Production Value
5.3 Price Analysis
5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
5.3.2 Price Structure
5.3.3 Price Trends
5.4 Market Breakup by Region
5.5 Market by Application
5.6 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.7 Market Breakup by Element Type
5.8 Market Breakup by Raw Material Type
5.9 Market Breakup by Bonding Method
5.10 Market Breakup by Panel Layers
5.11 Market Breakup by Press Type
5.12 Market Breakup by Adhesive Type
5.13 Market Breakup by Storey Class
5.14 Market Breakup by Application Type
5.15 Market Forecast
5.16 SWOT Analysis
5.17 Value Chain Analysis
5.17.2 Forest Owners
5.17.4 Cross Laminated Timber Manufacturers
5.17.5 Distributors and Retailers
5.17.7 End-Use Industries
5.18 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.18.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.18.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.18.4 Degree of Rivalry
5.18.5 Threat of New Entrants
5.18.6 Threat of Substitutes
5.19 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Performance of Key Regions
6.1.1 Market Overview
6.1.2 Market Performance
22.214.171.124 Production Volume
126.96.36.199 Production Value
188.8.131.52 Price Trends
184.108.40.206 Market Breakup by Country
220.127.116.11 Market by Application
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
22.214.171.124 Market Trends
126.96.36.199 Capacities of Key Players
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Capacities of Key Players
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
22.214.171.124 Market Trends
126.96.36.199 Capacities of Key Players
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Capacities of Key Players
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
6.1.7 Czech Republic
22.214.171.124 Market Trends
126.96.36.199 Capacities of Key Players
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Capacities of Key Players
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
6.1.11 United Kingdom
6.2 North America
6.2.1 Market Overview
6.2.2 Market Performance
22.214.171.124 Production Volume
126.96.36.199 Production Value
188.8.131.52 Price Trends
184.108.40.206 Market Breakup by Region
220.127.116.11 Market by Application
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
6.2.3 United States
22.214.171.124 Market Trends
126.96.36.199 Capacities of Key Players
188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Market Trends
220.127.116.11 Capacities of Key Players
18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
6.3.2 New Zealand
7 Market by Application
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 Educational Institutes
7.2.1 Market Trends
7.2.2 Market Forecast
7.3 Government/Public Buildings
7.3.1 Market Trends
7.3.2 Market Forecast
7.4 Commercial Spaces
7.4.1 Market Trends
7.4.2 Market Forecast
8 Market by Product Type
8.1 Custom CLT
8.1.1 Market Trends
8.1.2 Market Forecast
8.2 Blank CLT
8.2.1 Market Trends
8.2.2 Market Forecast
9 Market by Element Type
9.1 Wall Panels
9.1.1 Market Trends
9.1.2 Market Forecast
9.2 Flooring Panels
9.2.1 Market Trends
9.2.2 Market Forecast
9.3 Roofing Slabs
9.3.1 Market Trends
9.3.2 Market Forecast
9.4.1 Market Trends
9.5.2 Market Forecast
10 Market by Raw Material Type
10.1.1 Market Trends
10.1.2 Market Forecast
10.2.1 Market Trends
10.2.2 Market Forecast
10.3.1 Market Trends
10.3.2 Market Forecast
10.4.1 Market Trends
10.4.2 Market Forecast
11 Market by Bonding Method
11.1 Adhesive Bonded
11.1.1 Market Trends
11.1.2 Market Forecast
11.2 Mechanically Fastened
11.2.1 Market Trends
11.2.2 Market Forecast
12 Market by Panel Layers
12.1.1 Market Trends
12.1.2 Market Forecast
12.2.1 Market Trends
12.2.2 Market Forecast
12.3.1 Market Trends
12.3.2 Market Forecast
12.4.1 Market Trends
12.4.2 Market Forecast
13 Market by Adhesive Type
13.1 PUR (Polyurethane)
13.1.1 Market Trends
13.1.2 Market Forecast
13.2 PRF (Phenol Resorcinol Formaldehyde)
13.2.1 Market Trends
13.2.2 Market Forecast
13.3 MUF (Melamine-Urea-Formaldehyde)
13.3.1 Market Trends
13.3.2 Market Forecast
13.4.1 Market Trends
13.4.2 Market Forecast
14 Market by Press Type
14.1 Hydraulic Press
14.1.1 Market Trends
14.1.2 Market Forecast
14.2 Vacuum Press
14.2.1 Market Trends
14.2.2 Market Forecast
14.3 Pneumatic Press
14.3.1 Market Trends
14.3.2 Market Forecast
14.4.1 Market Trends
14.4.2 Market Forecast
15 Market by Storey Class
15.1 Low-Rise Buildings (1-4 Storeys)
15.1.1 Market Trends
15.1.2 Market Forecast
15.2 Mid-Rise Buildings (5-10 Storeys)
15.2.1 Market Trends
15.2.2 Market Forecast
15.3 High-Rise Buildings (More than 10 Storeys)
15.3.1 Market Trends
15.3.2 Market Forecast
16 Market by Application Type
16.1 Structural Applications
16.1.1 Market Trends
16.1.2 Market Forecast
16.2 Non-Structural Applications
16.2.1 Market Trends
16.2.2 Market Forecast
17 Competitive Landscape
17.1 Competitive Structure
17.2 Production Capacities of Key Players
18 Global Cross Laminated Timber Industry: Environmental Impact/Benefit Analysis
19 Global Cross Laminated Timber Industry: Financial Impact/Benefit Analysis
20 Cross Laminated Timber Manufacturing Process
20.1 Product Overview
20.2 Detailed Process Flow
20.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
20.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
21 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
21.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
21.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
21.3 Plant Layout
21.4 Plant Machinery
21.5 Machinery Pictures
21.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
21.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
21.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
21.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
21.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
21.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
21.12 Other Capital Investments
22 Loans and Financial Assistance
23 Project Economics
23.1 Capital Cost of the Project
23.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
23.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
23.4 Income Projections
23.5 Expenditure Projections
23.6 Taxation and Depreciation
23.7 Financial Analysis
23.8 Profit Analysis
24 Key Player Profiles
24.1 Stora Enso
24.4 Mayr Melnhof
24.6 XLam Limited
24.7 Sterling Lumber
24.8 Shilliger Holz AG
24.9 B & K Structures
24.10 Eugen Decker Holzindustrie KG
24.13 Meiken Lamwood Corp.
*List of Tables and Figures are available on enquiry