This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers innovations on a wide range of energy verticals including energy storage, solar cells, geothermal energy, and marine propulsion. Innovations in electrode materials for batteries and zinc-based energy storage options are discussed. A novel gasification technique for production of biofuels that is under demonstration phase is also covered. Trending energy innovations on use of blockchain in distributed energy trading are also discussed. Marine vessels that reduce emissions and geothermal solutions for residential heating systems are the other key innovations discussed.
The Energy and Power Systems TOE provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Table of Contents
Innovations in Compressed Air Energy Storage, Marine Electrification, Wind Turbine Monitoring, Thermal Energy Storage, and Smart Energy Management
- Zinc-based Electrochemical Energy Storage for Large-scale Applications
- Novel Energy Storage Makes Renewable Energy Profitable and Reliable
- Gasification-based Technique for Production of Sustainable Fuels and Chemicals
- Gasification-based Process Boosts the Development of Advanced Biofuels
- Polymer Electrode Material for Fast Charging, Water-based Batteries
- Unique Electrode Material will Boost the Development of Novel Storage Devices
- Smart Energy Management Services for the Overall Benefit of the Power System
- Smart Energy Management Platform Enables the Transition to Intelligent Grid Infrastructure
- Blockchain Asset Register and Flexibility Trading Platforms for the Energy Sector
- Blockchain Underpins the Transition to Profitable, Zero-carbon, Sustainable Energy Systems
- Scalable Technique for Fabrication of High-quality Hybrid Perovskite Thin Films
- Scalable Fabrication of Perovskite Thin Films Accelerates the Development of Optoelectronic Devices
- Cost-effective Nanocatalyst for the Hydrogen Fuel Production Process
- Cost-effective Nanocatalyst is Suitable for Commonly Used Fuel Cells
- Technology that Reduces Cost of Residential Geothermal Systems
- Government Incentives Make Adoption of Geothermal Solutions Attractive
- Battery Powered Hybrid Vessel Reduces Emissions
- Emission and Fuel Consumption Reduction Drive Vessel Hybridization
- Key Contacts