"Success Case Study: Halo Top", in the US is part of the Success & Failure case study series. It assesses the success of a low-calorie ice cream in the US.
Halo Top effectively created a guilt-free ice cream indulgence among young American consumers. The company registered 2,500% annual growth in revenues in 2016, reaching close to $102m, and expanded its geographic reach to international markets in 2018.
- Rather than spend money on conventional marketing strategies, it focused on social media, potentially saving marketing expenses while targeting the right audience.
- It is vital that brands understand the needs of their target demographic. By using alternative "gluten-free" ingredients, and glossy packaging, Halo Top effectively positioned its products as a "cool" and "trendy" ice-cream among young American consumers.
- The brand also effectively engaged with consumers by using influencers instead of celebrities.
Reasons to Buy
- Use the selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents1. Introduction
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Halo Top Creamery
- Ben & Jerry's Homemade Holdings Inc.