Clinical laboratories are an essential part of the health industry. Approximately 80% of physicians' diagnoses is estimated to be the result of laboratory tests. The constant pressure to reduce healthcare spending is shifting healthcare application in favor of the laboratory, making it a more valuable part of the treatment plan.
Vietnam CLT market is growing at a healthy rate, driven by plans to build new hospitals, upgrade existing public hospitals, and greater budget allocation for lab services. Hence, there are opportunities for clinical labs to grow, as they will attract international players to invest and capitalize on the available opportunities.
Vietnam’s UHC aims to provide health insurance for 80% of its population by 2020. It has covered more than 70% of the population by the end of 2015. The UHC plan targets minority groups and the poor and near-poor population, providing the highest possible coverage. In addition to basic hospital fees, the plan covers medicine, testing, and a large portion of hospital fees for cancer patients.
As the private sector continues to attract the affluent population, the demand for screening of infectious diseases will rise. It will fuel the growth of routine and specialized tests. Key opportunities for the future in the market include clinical test outsourcing to independent labs. There are opportunities for private independent labs to grow, as the government is keen on public-private partnerships to ease the burden on its healthcare infrastructure by providing healthcare coverage that can make private healthcare more accessible.
Opportunities also exist to meet healthcare demands outside Vietnam's major cities, where hospitals and lab services are not saturated. Thus, this report will help key players in the industry to better understand market-entrant opportunities. There are opportunities for private independent labs to grow, as the government is keen on public-private partnerships to ease the burden on its healthcare infrastructure by providing healthcare coverage that can make private healthcare more accessible. Despite these efforts, patients are skeptical of private healthcare quality, as many labs are not accredited.
Key Issues Addressed
- How has Vietnam’s clinical labs market changed over the years?
- What impact will new regulations have on labs? What are the new procedures that need to be adopted to gain approvals? How would this affect manufacturers?
- Which is the type of testing that is experiencing maximum growth and why?
- What are the new business models that can change care delivery?
- Which are the segments that hold significant opportunities for manufacturer sales?
- What were the acquisition trends witnessed in the last few years? How will this change?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Key Trends
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Executive Summary - Market Engineering Measurements
- Key Companies to Watch
- 3 Big Predictions
2. Market Overview
- Scope and Segmentation
- Market Segmentation
- Market Overview
- Impact of Trends on the Clinical Laboratories Market
- Defining Healthcare Trends in the Future
3. External Challenges - Drivers and Restraints: Total Clinical Laboratories Market
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Impact Mapping of Drivers and Restraints
- Vietnam Laboratory Clinic - Overview
- Laboratory Clinic Set-up According to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Healthcare Foreign Investment Regulations
4. Forecast and Trends - Total Clinical Laboratories Market
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
5. Competitive Playbook
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Structure
- Merger, Acquisition, and Partnership Assessment
- Clinical Laboratories Market Access in Vietnam - Game-changing Strategies
6. Key Company Profiles
- Company Information - Medic Lab
- Company Information - Medlatec
- Company Information - Hoan My
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Industry Value Chain
- Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Test Type
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Centralized Lab Systems
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Data Management
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Super-Specialty Clinic
- Strategic Imperatives for Vietnam’s Clinical Laboratories Market
8. The Last Word
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits