The study provides an overview of the EV market in the Philippines for the period, 2017-2022. The market is segmented into e-Bikes, e-Tricycles/e-Trikes, e-Jeepneys, e-Quads, and passenger EVs. Of these, e-Bikes and e-Trikes account for 95 percent of the market. The Philippines EV market is will grow significantly over the next decade due to the country's economic growth, inadequate public transport alternatives to jeepneys and tricycles, and government support through programs and legislation.
New EV launches by OEMs and the establishment of charging infrastructure are expected to further encourage growth. However, the market is likely to be challenged by the limited charging and road infrastructure, a lack of a developed supply chain for batteries and parts, uncertainty regarding standards and requirements, and ownership and usage control restrictions. It also attempts to forecast the demand in an optimistic scenario, a realistic scenario, and a conservative scenario. The research includes the profiles and company background of a few key stakeholders that are expected to influence the market during the forecast period. It also presents a detailed discussion on key findings, Market Engineering measurements, key drivers and restraints, future outlook, growth opportunities, and companies to action.
- This study focuses only on the EV market in the Philippines during 2017-2022.
- It provides a strategic review of the current market.
- It identifies drivers and restraints to EV demand.
- It identifies growth opportunities for stakeholders.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the factors encouraging the adoption of EVs in the Philippines?
- What does the existing market for EVs look like?
- What are the policies and regulations related to the EV market in the Philippines?
- Who are the key players and stakeholders in the market?
- What are the challenges, drivers, and restraints to the EV market?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- EV Policies and Programs
- EV Market Size and Segments
2. RESEARCH SCOPE, OBJECTIVES, BACKGROUND, AND METHODOLOGY
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
3. OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE
- Strategic Imperative for EVs
- Domestic Policies and Programs for EVs
- Domestic Policies and Programs for EVs - EO 488, 877-A
- Domestic Policies and Programs for EVs - E-Tricycle Program
- Domestic Policies and Programs for EVs - DTI-BOI IPP
- Domestic Policy for EVs - Excise Tax Exemption
- Domestic Policy for EVs - PUV Modernization Program
- Domestic Policy for EVs - Standards
- Domestic Policy for EVs - Registration Procedures
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
- EV Market Overview - Industry Snapshot
- EV Market Overview - Market Segments
- EV Market Overview - Vehicles in Use by Segment, 2017
- EV Market Overview - Vehicles in Use, 2014-2017
- EV Market Overview - Passenger EV Models Available
5. INFRASTRUCTURE OVERVIEW
- Infrastructure Overview - Charging Station
6. STAKEHOLDERS AND PROFILES
- Stakeholder Profile - BEMAC
- Stakeholder Profile - PhUV, Inc.
- Stakeholder Profile - ToJo Motors
- Stakeholder Profile - MERALCO
- Stakeholder Profile - QEV Philippines
- Stakeholder Profile - UniOil
7. KEY DRIVERS AND RESTRAINTS
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
8. FUTURE OUTLOOK
- Market Engineering Measurements
- EV Market Forecast
- Forecast Scenario Assumptions and Discussion to 2022 - Conservative Scenario
- Forecast Scenario Assumptions and Discussion to 2022 - Optimistic Scenario
- Forecast Scenario Assumptions and Discussion to 2022 - F&S Scenario
9. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES TO ACTION
- Growth Opportunity - EV Public Transport Fleet Operations
- Growth Opportunity - EV Batteries, Parts, and Servicing
- Growth Opportunity - Passenger EV Leasing
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
10. THE LAST WORD
- Summary of Findings and Key Conclusions
- The Last Word - Three Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Table of Acronyms
- List of Exhibits