China is one of the fastest growing healthcare markets in the world. Traditionally, healthcare services have been dominated by the public sector; however, 2014 onward, the trend reversed with greater private sector participation. China still faces a number of challenges: unequal distribution of healthcare resources across the country; lack of an effective primary care system; expensive healthcare; poor conditions of healthcare facilities; and poor service. Urbanization, environmental pollution, and wealth disparities have led to widespread health problems, including a significant rise in chronic diseases.
In response to these rapidly emerging challenges, China has upgraded its healthcare services and expanded its health expenditures. In addition, the Chinese Government has launched a series of healthcare reforms which includes health insurance reforms, primary care reforms, hospital reforms, medications and public health. To boost the private hospital industry, the government has introduced various policies and reform measures to encourage private and foreign ownership of hospitals and improve the medical talent pool in the private sector.
The main source of revenue for clinical laboratory testing market in China is generated by hospital laboratories. Tests from hospitals’ inpatients and outpatients will continue to be the largest contributor of revenue and volume of clinical laboratory testing during the forecast period. China represents a high growth opportunity, as clinical laboratories are undergoing radical changes in adopting high-end technology and automation. Independent labs will witness tremendous growth as a result of the increased diagnostic test consumption and the outsourcing of complicated pathological tests.
China is seeing rapid growth in the private hospital infrastructure, which is being driven in order to reduce the over-utilization and over-reliance of Chinese citizens on the public hospital system. The government had introduced several key reforms that are aimed at shaping the clinical diagnostics industry and to support the growth and investment in the private sector. The government is also upgrading the medical devices of hospitals and purchasing essential medical equipment for rural hospitals.
Key Issues Addressed
- How has China’s clinical labs market changed over the years?
- What impact will new regulations have on labs? What are the new procedures that need to be adopted to gain approvals? How would this affect manufacturers?
- Which is the type of testing that is experiencing maximum growth and why?
- What are the new business models that can change care delivery?
- Which are the segments that are opportunistic for manufacturer sales?
- What were the acquisition trends witnessed in the last few years? How will this change?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Key Trends
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Executive Summary - Market Engineering Measurements
- Key Companies to Watch
- 3 Big Predictions
2. Market Overview
- Scope and Segmentation
- Market Segmentation
- Market Overview
- Impact of Trends on Clinical Laboratories Market
- Defining Healthcare Trends in the Future
3. External Challenges - Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Impact Mapping of Drivers and Restraints
- Chinese Clinical Laboratory - Regulatory Overview
- Healthcare Direct Foreign Investment Regulations
4. Forecasts and Trends
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
5. Competitive Playbook
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Structure
- Clinical Laboratories Market Access in China - Game-changing Strategies
- Merger, Acquisition, and Partnership Assessment
6. Key Company Profiles
- Company Profile - KingMed Diagnostics
- Company Profile - DIAN Diagnostics
- Company Profile - ADICON Laboratories
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Industry Value Chain
- Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Data Management
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Clinical Lab Automation
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Public and Independent Lab Partnership
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Interoperability and Standardization
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Test Type
- Strategic Imperatives for China’s Clinical Laboratories Market
8. The Last Word
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- ADICON Laboratories
- DIAN Diagnostics
- KingMed Diagnostics