Partnerships are vital to creating an intelligent and coordinated ecosystem. Works with Nest, Apple HomeKit, and SmartThings are all building an ecosystem of products and services that seamlessly work together and provide an exceptional user experience. This report reviews the strategies of the major smart home platforms in the consumer electronics and security industries and their approach to attracting manufacturers to their ecosystem.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the major smart home ecosystem players by category?
- How is the rise of voice-first control platforms affecting smart home ecosystems?
- How can smart home ecosystems help the smart home industry overcome interoperability issues and concerns?
- What are the smart home platform strategies of the leading CE and security industry players?
- What approach are these companies taking to attract manufacturers to their ecosystem?
Table of Contents
1.2 Key Questions Addressed by this Research
1.3 Research Approach/Sources
1.4 Key Report Definitions
2.2 Smart Home Platforms as a Solution
3.1.3 Vivint Smart Home
3.2 Voice Assistant Platforms
3.2.1 Amazon Alexa
3.2.2 Google Assistant
3.2.3 Additional Smart Speaker and Voice Assistant Players
3.3 Additional Home Control Platforms
3.3.1 Samsung SmartThings
3.3.2 Works with Nest
3.3.3 Apple HomeKit
3.4 Additional Ecosystem Players
3.4.1 Custom Installers
3.4.2 App-based Platforms
3.4.3 Health Platforms
5.2 Forecast of Smart Speaker Penetration
5.3 Forecast of Home Security System Ownership
7.3 Image Sources
- Amazon Alexa
- Apple HomeKit
- Best Buy
- Google Assistant
- Samsung SmartThings
- Vivint Smart Home