Biofuels for a More Sustainable Future: Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment and Multi-criteria Decision Making provides a comprehensive sustainability analysis of biofuels based on life cycle thinking and develops various multi-dimensional decision-making techniques for prioritizing biofuel production technologies. Taking a transversal approach, the book combines life cycle sustainability assessment, life cycle assessment, life cycle costing analysis, social life cycle assessment, sustainability metrics, triple bottom line, operations research methods, and supply chain design for investigating the critical factors and key enablers that influence the sustainable development of biofuel industry.
This book will equip researchers and policymakers in the energy sector with the scientific methodology and metrics needed to develop strategies for viable sustainability transition. It will be a key resource for students, researchers and practitioners seeking to deepen their knowledge on energy planning and current and future trends of biofuel as an alternative fuel.
- Provides an innovative approach to promoting sustainable development in biofuel production by linking supply chain design and decision support with the life cycle perspective
- Features case studies and examples that illustrate the theory and methods developed
- Includes material on corporate social responsibility and economic analysis of biofuels that is highly useful to policy-makers and administrators in both government and enterprise sectors
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Biofuels Technologies: Standards and Regulations in EU and Europe
3. Triple Bottom Line, Sustainability, and Sustainability Assessment: An Overview
4. Indicators for Sustainability Assessment of Biofuel: Economic, Environmental, Social and Technological Dimensions
5. Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment in Energy Sector
6. Hot-spots and Lessons Learned from the Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
7. Life Cycle Assessment of Biofuel Production Systems
8. Life Cycle Costing, Analysis of Biofuel production Systems
9. Social Life Cycle Assessment of Biofuel Production Systems
10. Key Issues, Challenges, and Status Quo of Models for Biofuel Supply Chain Design
11. Fuzzy Multi-criteria Decision Making on Ranking the Biofuels Production Pathway
12. Prioritization of Biofuels Production Pathways under Uncertainties
13. A Multi-criteria Intuitionistic Fuzzy Group Decision Making Method for Sustainability Ranking of Biofuel Production Pathways
14. An Aggregated Life Cycle Sustainability Index for Ranking Biofuel Production Pathways
Jingzheng Ren (Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China) is an Assistant Professor of Modelling for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Honorary Associate Professor of Engineering Operations Management, University of Southern Denmark. His research mainly focuses on process system engineering, sustainability-oriented decision-making and waste management. He serves as the Editor of Sustainable Production and Consumption (Elsevier), Associate Editor of Environment, Development and Sustainability (Springer), and Associate Editor of Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. He has edited 5 books and published more than 130 journal papers in the finest journals, i.e., AIChE J, Computers & Chemical Engineering, Green Chemistry, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, Science of the Total Environment, Chemosphere, Energy, and Energy Conversion and Management, etc.
Antonio Scipioni, University of Padova. Professor at the Industrial Engineering Department. He is the Director of CESQA, a leading research group with outstanding research results in the field of environmental and energy management. He is the member of the national committee on environment that approve standards on environmental management issues. He has managed as scientific director several European funded projects for the University of Padova with partners from all over Europe and with a specific focus on Energy issues and sustainability.
Alessandro Manzardo is a senior associate researcher in the field of footprint and sustainability assessment in the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Padova. He is the chair of the Italian committee at the ISO/TC 207 committee on ISO standards related to environment. He is an active member in several UNEP-Life Cycle Initiative processes on the definition of Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability methods (e.g. Footprints). He has scored several papers on energy-related topics with specific focus on Hydrogen Energy.
Hanwei Liang is an assistant professor in the Collaborative Innovation Center on Forecast and Evaluation of Meteorological Disaster, School of Geography and Remote Sensing, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology. She obtained her Ph.D. in Engineering from Nagoya University in 2014. Her research mainly focuses on civil engineering and applications of operations research for sustainability. She has published 20 international journal papers in peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Cleaner Production, Resources, Conservation & Recycling, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. She is a member of the International Society of Industrial Ecology (ISIE), The Society for Urban Ecology, Sustainability Science, and Society of Environmental Science, Japan.