Carotenoids: Properties, Processing, and Applications fills the gap of transfer knowledge between academia and industry, covering integral information in three critical dimensions: properties, recovery and applications. At the moment, carotenoid research is directed at particular applications, including colorants, antioxidants and recovery from plant processing by-products. These trends take into account the health, nutrition and functions of carotenoids, the new recovery efforts from underutilized sources, the extraction procedures using green solvents and technologies, and their sustainability aspects.
Written by a team of experts in the field of food chemistry, food science and technology, as well as bioresource technologists mainly from academia, the book covers the most recent advances in the field of carotenoids, while also analyzing the potential of already commercialized processes and products.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of carotenoids and beneficial effects on human health
2. Factors affecting bioaccessibility and bioefficacy of carotenoids
3. Antiobese properties of carotenoids
4. Biosynthesis of carotenoids
5. Underutilized sources of carotenoids
6. Carotenoids from microalgae
7. Analysis and metabolomics of Carotenoids
8. Carotenoids degradation and precautions during processing
9. 'Extraction of Carotenoids using Ionix Liquids
10. Extraction methods of carotenoids
11. Applications of carotenoids as colorants
12. Applications of carotenoids in aquaculture
13. Commercialization aspects of carotenoids