Energy Sustainability is a subject with many dimensions that spans both production and utilization and how they are linked to sustainable development. More importantly, energy systems are designed, analyzed, assessed and evaluated in accordance to sustainable tools for more sustainable future. This book comprehensively covers these aspects, harmonizing them in a way that offers distinct perspectives for energy, the environment and sustainable development. In addition, it also covers concepts, systems, applications, illustrative examples and case studies that are presented to provide unique coverage for readers.
- Presents a holistic approach for energy domains
- Includes tactics on the development of sustainability models and parameters to link both energy and sustainable development
- Incorporates exergy tools into models and approaches for design, analysis, assessment and evaluations
- Includes illustrative examples and case studies with renewables and clean energy options
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Fundamental Aspects of Energy, Environment and Sustainability 2. Energy Sources 3. Energy Systems 4. Energy Commodities 5. Community Energy Systems 6. Sustainability Modeling 7. Case Studies 8. Future Directions and Conclusions
Ibrahim Dincer is a full professor of Mechanical Engineering at University of Ontario. Renowned for his pioneering works in the area of sustainable energy technologies he has authored/co-authored numerous books and book chapters, and many refereed journal and conference papers. He has chaired many national and international conferences, symposia, workshops and technical meetings. He has delivered many keynote and invited lectures. He is an active member of various international scientific organizations and societies, and serves as editor-in-chief, associate editor, regional editor, and editorial board member on various prestigious international journals. He is a recipient of several research, teaching and service awards, including the Premier's research excellence award in Ontario, Canada. During the past five years he has been recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of The Most Influential Scientific Minds in Engineering and one of the most highly cited researchers.
Azzam is a PhD student of Professor Ibrahim Dincer and is working on smart energy systems for his PhD.