Methods of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Including Pharmacogenetics, Second Edition, Volume Seven in the Handbook of Analytical Separations series, covers all aspects of drug monitoring, including laboratory work, pharmacokinetic analysis and clinical aspects, thus enabling readers from different fields to understand the whole process of therapeutic drug monitoring and how to avoid common pitfalls. The book contains analytical techniques for the quantification of drugs, along with pharmacogenetic and pharmacogenomic methods. Also included are updates on sample preparation, including dried blood spot technology and microextraction methods. In addition, the book includes new drugs, such as tyrosine kinase inhibitors and the monitoring of immunosuppressant drugs.
- Presents a unique, interdisciplinary approach that appeals to a wide range of users
- Written by authors from international labs, providing a global perspective that can be applied in various regulatory environments
- Features additional therapeutic drugs to reflect the rising number of immunocompromised patients
- Includes a new mass spectroscopic methods chapter to capture the frequent use in TDM and the improved availability of LC-MS across laboratories
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Chromatograpghic Methods for the Analysis of Drugs in Biological Fluids
3. Mass Spectrometry for the Quantification of Drugs in Biological Fluids
4. Capillary Electrophoresis for the Determination of Drugs in Biological Fluids
5. Immunoassays for the Determination of Drugs in Biological Fluids
6. Validation of Bioanalytical Methods for the Quantification od Drugs in Biological Fluids
7.Pharmocokinetic Methods for the Analysis, Interpretation, and Management of TDM Data for Individualising Drug Dosage Regimens Optimally
8. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Antibiotics in Critically Ill Patients
9. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Antifungals
10. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Antiepileptic Drugs
11. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Antipsychotic and Antidepressant Drugs
12. Monitoring Immunosuppressant Drugs
13. Dose and Therapy Individualisation in Cancer Chemotherapy
Georg Hempel is a pharmacist who did his Ph.D. with Gottfried Blaschke in Münster on chiral separations using HPLC and capillary electrophoresis. He worked as a laboratory supervisor in the paediatric oncology department of the University Hospital of Münster. During his postdoc with Eli Lily and Company Ltd. in the United Kingdom, he became involved in pharmacokinetics. Since 1999, he has been working at the Department of Pharmaceutical and Medical Chemistry at the University of Münster, where he established a Clinical Pharmacy research group.
His research interests include bioanalytical methods for the quantification of drugs in biological fluids, especially capillary electrophoresis, pharmacometrics for therapy optimisation in special patient groups and medication management.