EMC is the capability of electronic devices and equipment to operate in their electromagnetic environment without disturbing nearby devices (emissions) or having these devices disturb them (immunity/susceptibility). EMC test equipment refers to the set of instruments that test the emission and immunity characteristics of a device under test (DUT). EMC testing services refer to pre-compliance, full-compliance, consulting, and certification testing by third-party or government test houses to confirm products’ performance and compliance with EMC directives and industry standards.
Future Growth Potential Encouraged by Accelerated 5G Deployments, a Growing Connected Devices Ecosystem, Mandatory In-country Testing, and Increased Electric Vehicle Sales
This study's main objective is to identify the market’s key growth opportunities and the factors that will boost or restrain them. Key end users for the EMC test equipment market include government labs, OEMs’ in-house testing labs, and third-party testing labs. Key end users for EMC testing services include the ITC, automotive, medical devices, consumer electronics, industrial electronics, and aerospace & defense sectors.
- Market drivers: Rapidly growing connected ecosystem, digitization, Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled devices, mandatory in-country EMC testing, quest to accelerate market entry, and updates in EMC standards and regulations.
- Market restraints: Release of non-compliant products, lack of skilled workforce, high fragmentation of EMC testing services segment, and a trade-off between price and performance.
- Growth Opportunities: In-depth industry collaborations, in-situ EMC testing, rapid deployment of 5G and future development in 6G, vehicle electrification, and growing smart city initiatives.
Table of Contents
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Test Equipment and Testing Services Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Scope of Analysis
- Key Growth Metrics for EMC Test Equipment and Testing Services Market
- Distribution Channels for EMC Test Equipment Market
- Key Competitors for EMC Test Equipment and Testing Services Market
- Growth Drivers for EMC Test Equipment and Testing Services Market
- Growth Driver Analysis
- Typical EMC Testing Design Flow
- Bodies Governing Global EMC Standards
- Life Cycle of an IEC Publication for EMC Standards
- Pre-compliance vs. Compliance Testing
- Growth Restraints for EMC Test Equipment and Testing Services Market
- Growth Restraint Analysis
- EMC Standards and Test Requirements Globally
- EMC Test Equipment and Testing Services Market - Regional Outlook
- European EMC Emission and Immunity Standards
- Types of EMC Test Equipment
- EMC Test Equipment Market - End Users
- Competitive Environment - EMC Test Equipment Market
- Analysis of Competition - EMC Test Equipment Market
- EMC Testing Services Market - Major End Users
- EMC Testing Services Market - Characteristics of an Ideal EMC Testing Lab
- What Does the Future Hold for EMC/EMI?
- Competitive Environment - EMC Testing Services Market
- Growth Opportunity 1: EMC Testing for Next-generation 5G-capable Devices, Systems, and Network Infrastructure
- Growth Opportunity 2: Growing Smart City Initiatives
- Growth Opportunity 3: Future 6G Services Will Require EMC Testing Solutions that Can Test in the THz Frequency Range
- Growth Opportunity 4: Rapid Adoption of EVs
- Growth Opportunity 5: Simulation-based EMC Testing to Ensure a Smooth Compliance Testing Program
- Growth Opportunity 6: Connected Vehicle Ecosystem and Increasing Electronics in Automobiles
- Growth Opportunity 7: In-situ EMC Testing for Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing
- Growth Opportunity 8: Comprehensive EMC Testing Solutions for Medical Devices and Wearables