The data released by the Chinese government shows that at the end of 2018, there were 60 air transport enterprises and 423 general aviation enterprises in China; the number of air routes totaled 4,206, including 3,420 domestic ones and 786 international ones. In 2018, 426 new aircraft were introduced to Chinese airlines, including 72 to China Southern Airlines, 42 to China Eastern Airlines, 30 to Air China and 33 to Hainan Airlines. At the end of 2018, 15 Chinese airlines had a fleet of more than 50 aircraft. Among them, Shunfeng is the only cargo airline. The number of civil aircraft in service with Chinese airlines reached 3,615.
At the end of 2018, 13 Chinese airlines were operating 408 wide-body aircraft, of which 236 or 57.80% were A330s; narrow-body aircraft, the major force of civil aircraft in China, totaled 2,871 in number. Airbus and Boeing had similar market shares. The number of regional airliners in China is small. At the end of 2018, 178 regional airliners were in service with Chinese airlines, including 10 ARJ21s, 38 CRJ900s, 105 E190s, and E195s and 25 MA60s. Of them, the Embraer E-Jet family accounted for 59%.
In 2018, the number of ARJ21s in service with Chengdu Airlines increased by 6 to 10; the number of CRJ900s in service with China Express Airlines increased by 6 to 38; the number of E195s with Tianjin Airlines increased by 3 to 20.
At the end of 2018, there were 158 pure air freighters and eight pure cargo airlines in China.
As Chinese enterprises can only manufacture a small number of regional airliners but are unable to develop and manufacture mainstream airliners, China relies heavily on civil aircraft imports. The major sources of China’s civil aircraft imports are US company Boeing and the European company Airbus.
IATA estimates that China will replace the US to be the world's largest aviation market in 2024. According to the report, from 2019 to 2038, the demand for civil aircraft in China will exceed 8,000 units and the market size of civil aircraft will exceed USD 1.20 trillion. During this period, imported aircraft will continue to dominate China's civil aircraft market. For global aircraft manufacturers, aircraft parts manufacturers and aircraft leasing companies, China will become one of the most important markets.
- Environment of civil aircraft import in China
- Analysis and forecast on demand for civil aircraft in China
- Civil aircraft import in China from 2014 to 2018
- Analysis of import prices of civil aircraft in China
- Analysis of financing lease of aircraft in China
- China's import procedures for and import tariffs on civil aircrafts
- Analysis of major civil aviation enterprises in China
- Driving forces and market opportunities for civil aircraft import in China from 2019 to 2023
- Forecast on civil aircraft import in China from 2019 to 2023
1 Definition and Classification of Civil Aircrafts
1.1 Definition of Civil Aircrafts
1.2 Classification of Civil Aircrafts
1.2.1 Narrow-body Aircrafts
1.2.2 Wide-body Aircrafts
1.2.3 Giant Airliners
1.2.4 Regional Airliners
1.2.5 Air Freighters
2 Environment of Civil Aircraft Import in China, 2019-2023
2.1 Economic Environment
2.1.1 China's GDP and Disposable Income Per Capita
2.1.2 Total Value of China's Imports and Exports
2.2 Policy Environment
2.2.1 Policies on Civil Aircraft Import in China
2.2.2 Provisions on China's Import Tariffs on Aircrafts
3 Analysis on Supply of Civil Aircraft in China
3.1 Production of China-made Civil Aircrafts
3.2 China's Reliance on Civil Aircraft Imports
4 Demand for Civil Aircraft Imports in China
4.1 China's Tourism Industry
4.2 China's Aviation Industry
4.3 Financing Lease of Aircrafts
5 Analysis of Aircraft Import in China, 2015-2018
5.1 Scale of Aircraft Import in China
5.1.1 Import Volume of Civil Aircraft in China
5.1.2 Import Value of Civil Aircraft in China
5.2 Analysis of Civil Aircraft Imports by Type in China
6 Analysis of Import Prices of Civil Aircraft in China
6.1 Average Import Price of Civil Aircraft in China
6.2 Import Prices of Civil Aircraft by Type in China
7 Major Sources of China's Civil Aircraft Imports
7.1.1 Profile of Boeing
7.1.2 Operation Performance of Boeing
7.2.1 Profile of Airbus
7.2.2 Operation Performance of Airbus
8 Analysis of Major Civil Aviation Enterprises in China
8.1 Air China Limited
8.1.1 Enterprise Profile
8.1.2 Operation Performance
8.2 China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited
8.2.1 Enterprise Profile
8.2.2 Operation Performance
8.3 China Southern Airlines Company Limited
8.3.1 Enterprise Profile
8.3.2 Operation Performance
8.4 Hainan Airlines Holding Co., Ltd.
8.5 Shenzhen Airlines Co., Ltd.
8.6 Shanghai Airlines Co., Ltd.
8.7 Xiamen Airlines Co., Ltd.
8.8 Sichuan Airlines Co., Ltd.
8.9 Shandong Airlines Co., Ltd.
8.10 Spring Airlines Co., Ltd.
9 Prospect of Civil Aircraft Import in China, 2019-2023
9.1 Major Factors Influencing Civil Aircraft Import in China
9.1.1 Favorable Factors
9.1.2 Unfavorable Factors
9.2 Forecast on Civil Aircraft Import in China, 2019-2023
9.3 Forecast on Major Types and Sources of China's Civil Aircraft Imports, 2019-2023
- Chart Major Narrow-body Aircrafts in China
- Chart Major Wide-body Aircrafts in China
- Chart Major Giant Airliners in China
- China's GDP and Disposable Income Per Capita, 2014-2023
- Chart Air Passenger Volume and Air Freight Volume in China, 2013-2018
- Chart China's Policies on Civil Aircraft Import
- Chart China's Import Tariffs on Aircrafts
- Chart Import Volume of Civil Aircraft and Number of Registered Civil Aircraft in China, 2014-2018
- Chart Top 10 Chinese Airlines in 2018 by the Number of Newly-introduced Aircrafts
- Chart Import Volume of Aircraft with Unladen Weight Above 2 Tons, 2015-2018
- Chart Import Value of Aircraft with Unladen Weight Above 2 Tons, 2015-2018
- Chart Classification of China's Civil Aircraft Imports by Unladen Weight
- Chart Average Import Price of Aircraft with Load Capacity Above 2 Tons, 2015-2018
- Chart Profile of Boeing
- Chart Profile of Airbus
- Chart Top 10 Civil Aviation Enterprises in China in 2018
- Chart Profile of Air China Limited
- Chart Profile of China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited
- Chart Forecast on Import Volume of Civil Aircraft in China, 2019-2023
- Air China Limited
- China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited
- China Southern Airlines Company Limited
- Hainan Airlines Holding Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Spring Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Airlines Co., Ltd.
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.