As new laser sources are used and laser technology gets popularized, China’s laser processing industry has sustained steady growth. The industry took a spring in its step in 2017, booming by over 30% on the previous year, and continued the growth trend to the first half of 2018, but its growth took a dive in the second half, with a full-year rate of 16%.
Industrial laser, a key component for laser processing, developed by leaps and bounds in recent years. In particular, the fiber laser had a whopping 51.5% share in 2018 compared with 40.8% in 2015. Fiber laser has been increasingly localized in China. In 2018, more than 110,000 units of homemade fiber laser were sold, over 20 percent of which were medium and large power products. Large power fiber lasers, especially 12KW-above ones will be a tipping point of the market.
Ultrahigh power laser market has been on the rise as well. International players have quickened their pace of merger and acquisition, among which brands like Coherent, Trumpf, NKT and MKS have become global leaders. Chinese firms have been rushing to make deployments, too. In 2018, China made headway in the production of ultrafast lasers which could be mass-produced on a certain scale instead of just trial production in a small volume.
The laser processing equipment market size was in excess of RMB60 billion in China in 2018 and is expected to jump 20% or so in 2019. By application, the industrial market accounts for around 50%. It is predicted that revenue in the laser processing market will be approximately RMB90 billion in 2025.
Laser processing equipment includes laser cutting equipment, marking/engraving equipment, welding equipment, etc.. Laser cutting equipment is the one most widely-used, 80%-90% of which available on market are 3kW/6kW products, and the remaining 10% are high power products for special needs. Laser cutting tends to be high power and intelligent. Laser marking plays the second most important part behind laser cutting in industrial applications. Universalization of light source, galvanometer, and control software helps lower the technical threshold of standalone marking integration, which is a boon for the prosperity of the laser marking market. As the internet of things wins popularity, laser traceability marking will be a new driver for market growth.
As concerns companies, Germany’s Trumpf and America’s Coherent and IPG lead the world, and have put down roots in the Chinese market for many years among Chinese players, Han’s Laser Technology Industry Group and Huagong Tech Co., Ltd., two first-echelon companies, boast annual sales of over RMB5 billion apiece. In 2018, Han’s Laser Technology Industry Group’s revenue from small power laser equipment encountered a decline, while its high power ones and display panel laser equipment grew. Most noticeably, the company rolled out a 20kW ultrahigh power optical fiber cutting machine and put it on sale in April 2019.
In China’s laser market, Wuhan Raycus Fiber Laser Technologies Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Maxphotonics Co, Ltd. and Shenzhen JPT Opto-electronics Co, Ltd. stay ahead of other players. Wherein, Wuhan Raycus Fiber Laser Technologies Co, Ltd, a high power fiber laser leader, saw its revenues from 2,000W and above high power continuous fiber lasers and 3,300W one's rocket by 190% and 259% from a year ago, respectively, and began to sell 12kW products in small volume, in 2018. There is a hope that Raycus will soon leave its American peer IPG behind in the high power fiber laser field. Raycus has also indicated acquisition of a stake in Gauss Lasers in 2019 to deploy ultrafast laser segment.
The report highlights the following:
- Global laser industry (laser and laser equipment market size and key vendors)
- China laser processing, laser, and laser processing equipment market (size, structure, regional pattern, key companies, import and export, and price trend)
- Chinese laser processing market segments (laser cutting, welding, marking, and engraving equipment) (size, key companies, development trend, etc.)
- China laser application industries (semiconductor, PCB, automobile, smartphone, OLED, power battery, 3D printing, etc.) (market size, key companies, and demand for laser processing equipment)
- 6 global and 28 Chinese laser processing (including laser) companies (operation, laser processing business, key projects, forecast, etc.).
1. Overview of Laser Processing Equipment Industry
1.1 Industry Chain
1.3 Laser Equipment
1.4 Laser Processing
2. Global Laser Processing Market
2.1 Laser Equipment
2.1.1 Market Size
2.1.2 Applied Structure
2.2 Industrial Laser
2.2.1 Market Size
2.2.2 By Power
2.3.1 Micro Processing
2.3.3 Material Processing
2.4 Major Enterprises
2.4.1 Competitive Landscape
3. Chinese Laser Equipment Market
3.1 Industrial Policy
3.2 Business Model
3.3 Market Size
3.3.1 Laser Processing Industry
3.3.3 Laser Equipment
3.4 Main Companies
3.5 Regional Distribution
3.6 Import and Export
3.7 Price Trend
4. China Laser Processing Equipment Market Segments
4.1 Laser Cutting Equipment
4.1.1 Market Size
4.1.2 Fiber Optic Laser Cutting Machine
4.1.3 Major Enterprises
4.1.4 Development Trend
4.2 Laser Welding Equipment
4.2.1 Market Size
4.2.2 Application of Laser Welding in Automobile
4.2.3 Major Enterprises
4.3 Laser Marking Equipment
4.3.1 Market Size
4.3.2 Fiber Optic Laser Markers
4.3.3 Major Enterprises
4.3.4 Development Trend
4.4 Laser Engraving Equipment
5. Downstream Market
5.1 Traditional Sectors
5.2 Emerging Industries
5.2.1 Smart Phone
5.2.3 Power Battery
5.2.4 3D Printing
6. Foreign Companies
6.1.3 Laser Business
6.1.4 Development in China
6.2.4 Laser Business
6.2.5 Development in China
6.3.3 Main Products
6.3.4 Major Customers
6.3.6 Development in China
6.4 Prima Industrie
6.4.3 Laser Business
6.4.4 Development in China
6.5 Novanta (GSI Group)
6.5.3 Laser Business
6.5.5 Development in China
6.6.3 Development in China
7. Chinese Laser Processing Equipment Enterprise
7.1 Han's Laser Technology Co, Ltd.
7.1.3 Revenue Structure
7.1.4 Laser Business
7.1.6 Key Projects
7.1.7 Performance Forecast
7.2 Wuhan Golden Laser Co, Ltd.
7.2.3 Laser Business
7.2.5 Key Projects
7.3 Huagong Tech Company Limited
7.3.3 Laser Business
7.3.5 Performance Forecast
7.4 Siasun Robot and Automation Co, Ltd.
7.4.3 Laser Business
7.5 Jiangsu Yawei Machine Tool Co, Ltd.
7.5.3 Laser Business
7.6 Suzhou Tianhong Laser Co, Ltd.
7.6.3 Laser Business
7.7 Shenzhen Sunshine Laser & Electronics Technology Co, Ltd.
7.7.3 Laser Processing Business
7.7.5 Performance Forecast
7.8 United Winners Laser Co, Ltd.
7.8.3 Laser Business
7.9 Jiatai Laser Technology Co, Ltd.
7.9.3 Laser Business
7.9.4 Major Customers and Suppliers
7.10 Chutian Laser Group
7.11 Wuhan Unity Laser Co, Ltd.
7.12 Wuhan Tianqi Laser Equipment Manufacturing Co, Ltd
7.13 Suzhou Delphi Laser Co, Ltd.
7.14 Beijing Daheng Laser Equipment Co, Ltd.
7.15 Wuhan Dahua Laser Technology Co, Ltd.
7.16 Jiangsu Shuguang Photoelectricity Co, Ltd.
7.17 BOYE Laser Co, Ltd.
7.18 Beijing Kaitian Tech. Co, Ltd.
7.19 Wuhan HE Laser Engineering Co, Ltd.
7.20 Suzhou Lead Laser Technology Co, Ltd.
7.21 Shenzhen GDlaser Technology Co, Ltd.
7.22 Shenzhen DNE Laser Technology Co, Ltd. (Bystronic DNE)
7.23 Foshan Beyond Laser Co, Ltd. (HSG Laser)
7.24 Dongguan Strong Laser Equipment Co, Ltd. (Strong Laser)
7.25 Suzhou Quick Laser Technology Co, Ltd.
8 Key Chinese Laser Vendors
8.1 Wuhan Raycus Fiber Laser Technologies Co, Ltd.
8.1.3 Laser Business
8.1.4 Development Plan
8.2 Shenzhen Maxphotonics Co, Ltd.
8.2.4 Suppliers & Customers
8.3 Shenzhen JPT Opto-electronics Co, Ltd.
8.3.3 Laser Business
8.3.4 Development Plan
8.3.5 Key Projects
9. Summary and Forecast
9.3 Development Tendencies
- Beijing Daheng Laser Equipment Co, Ltd
- Beijing Kaitian Tech Co, Ltd
- BOYE Laser Co, Ltd
- Chutian Laser Group
- Dongguan Strong Laser Equipment Co, Ltd (Strong Laser)
- Foshan Beyond Laser Co, Ltd (HSG Laser)
- Han's Laser Technology Co, Ltd
- Huagong Tech Company Limited
- Jiangsu Shuguang Photoelectricity Co, Ltd
- Jiangsu Yawei Machine Tool Co, Ltd
- Jiatai Laser Technology Co, Ltd
- Novanta (GSI Group)
- Prima Industrie
- Shenzhen DNE Laser Technology Co, Ltd (Bystronic DNE)
- Shenzhen GDlaser Technology Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen JPT Opto-electronics Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen Maxphotonics Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen Sunshine Laser & Electronics Technology Co, Ltd
- Siasun Robot and Automation Co, Ltd
- Suzhou Delphi Laser Co, Ltd
- Suzhou Lead Laser Technology Co, Ltd
- Suzhou Quick Laser Technology Co, Ltd
- Suzhou Tianhong Laser Co, Ltd
- United Winners Laser Co, Ltd
- Wuhan Dahua Laser Technology Co, Ltd
- Wuhan Golden Laser Co, Ltd
- Wuhan HE Laser Engineering Co, Ltd
- Wuhan Raycus Fiber Laser Technologies Co, Ltd
- Wuhan Tianqi Laser Equipment Manufacturing Co, Ltd
- Wuhan Unity Laser Co, Ltd