Explore the future of the particle board industry with our detailed market research report. This comprehensive analysis is a key asset for those seeking to understand the shifting landscape of this sector, particularly senior business executives keen to accurately forecast opportunities and challenges. Delve into an investigation of emerging trends and influential factors such as increased demand from construction and furniture industries, the influence of substitutes, and innovations in manufacturing methodologies.
The report particularly highlights the robust growth projected in the Asia-Pacific region, propelled by significant developments in China and India. Understanding nuances such as these are paramount in crafting effective, future-focused business strategies. Gain an unparalleled edge in the particle board market with this in-depth analysis championing informed decision-making and strategic planning.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, several restrictions have been imposed by the government, and thus, construction activities have come to a halt. The COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to hit residential construction growth severely. However, the conditions improved in 2021, thereby restoring the growth trajectory of the market studied.
- Over the long term, the major factor driving the market is an increase in demand for particle boards for furniture is augmenting the growth of the market.
- On the flip side, the threat of medium-density fiberboard as a substitute is anticipated to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- The development of new methods to manufacture particle boards is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Particle Board Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Construction Industry
- In the furniture industry, concepts related to the interiors of homes, offices, and flats are changing continuously. This is driving innovation and development, primarily in terms of designs, size, and colors. This is expected to augment the production volume of furniture across the world.
- The increase in demand for new office construction is likely to boost the market studied as there is an increase in demand for flooring underlayment, cubical partitioning, wall paneling, false ceiling, doors, and furniture. Furthermore, renovation and refurbishment of the existing office buildings are also anticipated to support the product demand in the projected time.
- Countries including China, the United States, and Germany account for the largest markets in the furniture industry. China is the dominant exporter of wood furniture to the EU.
- As per the forecast given by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, China’s construction sector is expected to maintain a 6% share of the country’s GDP going into 2025. Keeping in view the given forecasts, the Chinese government unveiled a five-year plan in January 2022 focused on making the construction sector more sustainable and quality-driven.
- According to Statistics Canada, in June 2022, the total value of building permits in Canada decreased by 1.5% to USD 11.9 billion, primarily due to a 10.4% fall in non-residential sectors. The value of multi-family building permits was enhanced by 6.5%, with Ontario (+24.8%) taking the lead due to several apartment buildings being built in Mississauga.
- The building and construction sector is the backbone of the Mexican economy. The increasing urbanization and public income levels fuel the demand for construction in the country.
- The Mexican government bodies are responsible for most of the funds (around 68%) provided to the housing sector in Mexico. The government agencies, such as CONAVI (National Housing Commission), INFONAVIT, FOVISSSTE, and CFE, have been supporting the growth of the housing sector in the country.
- In the United States, public spending on residential construction increased significantly from 6.74 USD billion in 2017 to 9.06 USD billion in 2021.
- All the above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is to witness robust growth in the particle board market, owing to the increasing construction and furniture industry in countries like China, India, and others.
- China is the largest market base in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to its ever-increasing population, rising income, and rapid urbanization. It is also one of the major manufacturing hubs for almost every industry. Hence, the infrastructure development in the country will see a continuous rise.
- China’s construction industry developed rapidly due to the central government’s push for infrastructure investment to sustain economic growth.
- The Indian government has been actively boosting housing construction, as it aims to provide a home to about 1.3 billion people. The country is likely to witness around USD 1.3 trillion of investment in housing over the next seven years and is likely to witness the construction of 60 million new homes in the country.
- By the end of this year, India is expected to contribute about USD 640 billion to the construction industry due to government initiatives in affordable housing, such as housing, to all plans.
- India’s construction sector is the second-largest industry in the country, contributing a significant share of its GDP. After experiencing a drastic fall in growth during the pandemic spread, the Indian construction sector, in 2021, rebounded with a sharp growth in public and private investments. As per the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the construction sector contributed a GDP share amounting to USD 45.39 billion in Q1 2022, which was higher than the GDP share of USD 35.84 billion contributed in Q4 2021.
- The propelling growth in Thailand’s residential sector resulted from five major residential projects that started construction in the third quarter of 2021. The timelines for the completion of these projects revolve around 2024 to 2025.
- The growing construction activities in the region and the rising trend of using engineered wood products in interiors lead to an increase in the demand for particle board, which as a result, drives the growth of the market studied in the Asia-Pacific region.
Particle Board Market Competitor AnalysisThe particle board market is fragmented in nature, due to the presence of several major players in different countries. Some of the major players (not in any particular order) in the market include West Fraser, Roseburg Forest Products, Georgia-Pacific, Wanhua Ecoboard Co. Ltd and Kastamonu Entegre.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Furniture Industry
4.1.2 Easy Availability of Raw Materials
4.2.1 Threat of Medium-density Fiberboard (MDF) as a Substitute
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter Five Forces
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Raw Material
5.1.3 Other Raw Materials
5.2.4 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis(%) **
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Associate Decor Ltd
6.4.2 Boise Cascade
6.4.3 Century Prowud
6.4.4 D&R Henderson Pty Ltd
6.4.7 Kastamonu Entegre
6.4.8 Krifor Industries Pvt. Ltd
6.4.9 Peter Benson (Plywood) Limited
6.4.10 Roseburg Forest Products
6.4.11 Shirdi Industries Ltd. (ASIS India)
6.4.12 Siam Riso Wood Products Co. Ltd
6.4.13 Timber Products Company
6.4.15 West Fraser
6.4.16 Wanhua Ecoboard Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of New Methods to Manufacture Particle Boards
7.2 Upcoming Construction and Infrastructure Projects
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Associate Decor Ltd
- Boise Cascade
- Century Prowud
- D&R Henderson Pty Ltd
- Kastamonu Entegre
- Krifor Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Peter Benson (Plywood) Limited
- Roseburg Forest Products
- Shirdi Industries Ltd. (ASIS India)
- Siam Riso Wood Products Co. Ltd
- Timber Products Company
- West Fraser
- Wanhua Ecoboard Co. Ltd